20PHX, 21PHX, or 920?

Alright bird owners I need so details and some non biased opinions. I like to change my boat up every 2-3 years and I’m ready. I’m looking real hard at Phoenix. I fish the Great Lakes, predominately Lake Michigan. That being said rough water is absolutely my number one priority. Most recently I’ve have Nitro, Skeeter, Ranger, and a couple Legends. The Nitro Z-9 sounds like it’s going to break I half, my Ranger was mediocre at best, the Legends ride was incredible. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 920. I like the layout of the PHX’s better, I’m curious about the speed differences amongst the different models. There are a few 21PHX’s for sale on here that are almost brand new that I’m interested in. Please chime in at help me decide. Thanks a ton!

Great lakes equals 21PHX.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    Great lakes equals 21PHX.
    no other post necessary
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    If you can afford it and store it 21phx

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I Agree
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Agree with everyone else. If you can do it, go 21PHX.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

I was in your position also and made the decision to go with a 21 PHX - I came out of a Skeeter I class which was a phenomenal rough water boat and basically wanted the best rough water hull I could get without going to something HUGE like the 522D.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

8. Member
    21 PHX hands down.
    2017 Phoenix 921 PHX - 250 ProXS
    Mathew 6:34

9. Member
    I just got my 21 phx and I can't say enough good things about the rough water ride. In 3 footers I was doing 60 without the slightest jolt. I'm still in awe how well it handled them. I have a 250 Verado and hit 72 but I've barely was able to play with it. I've seen where others hit 74 consistently.

10. Member
    I fish Lake Michigan in Chicago where the waves almost dont matter compared to the yacht wakes inside the break walls. Turns into a giant bathtub. Went with a 921 PHX.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    The 21 PHX is currently the best big water boat on the market. I ran the 21 Skeeter I Class for years and it was the best ride of it's time. The amazing thing about the 21 PHX is it has the shallow draft and maneuverability of a much smaller boat. If budget allows, it is the ultimate great lakes boat. We have 5 21 PHX in stock and I'd have 25 if I could get them LOL

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I fish Lake Michigan in Chicago where the waves almost dont matter compared to the yacht wakes inside the break walls. Turns into a giant bathtub. Went with a 921 PHX.
    Sounds like Lake Washington here. The BIG boat wakes bounce off the shore, then bounce off the other shore, then just go back and forth all day long as the BIG boats keep adding to the wakes/waves..
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

13. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Sounds like Lake Washington here. The BIG boat wakes bounce off the shore, then bounce off the other shore, then just go back and forth all day long as the BIG boats keep adding to the wakes/waves..
    Lake St. Clair in the summer boating months is like that too. Gotta be off the lake by noon in my TZX-190 or I can barely get back on a long run.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

14. Member
    I fish St.Clair 3-5 days a week and I decided the 21 PHX(should be delivered March 19th) was the boat for me. I test drove one for a few hours on 2 days last summer, and I loved it. And MichSkeeter77 is right St. Clair will beat the He!! out of you!!!

15. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I have a 921 xp. Bought it the year before PHX's came out. Went to Erie in it and it was awesome. Went out one morning with small craft warnings out and I actually was able to do 35-40 mph that day in 5'ers. Got some spray in the face as I recall.
    I can't imagine how well the 21 PHX would've done if I was in that. Muddbugg's right, that's your boat fer sher!
    Give Richie a call at Weida's Marine, he'll give you all the info you need on any Phoenix.

16. Member
    I went from a Ranger 521 to a Phoenix 21 PHX. The PHX handles rough water extremely well, at least the roughest water I've had it in, which are about 3.5-4'rs on the St Lawrence. I've had it running over 75 mph, but that was on the St Lawrence again running downstream in a 4 mph current. On normal water it'll run 72. I have a 250 G2 on the back with 1 Talon.

17. Member
    I got to test drive a 2017 921phx with a Verado on Monday. It will be my next boat as soon as my Ranger sells. Water wasn’t terrible rough, but the handling of the boat was fantastic. The Verado is amazing as well. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with it.