Help with my 1199ci - Interference / Picture

About a month ago I traded a guy on here for his 1199 for my bow. It has the SI, DI and 2D transducer mounted on a transducer shield. It gets terrible interference every time I hit the trolling motor pedal. huge bars through the 2D and DI. its not as crisp and clear as my 1198 at the console either. Is it the transducer or something else? I don't need side imaging on the front should I go to the DI / 2D transducer or do they make one?
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ Spiralite Custom Fishing Rods
    ~ MarineBassAnglers
    ~ Peregrine 250 Boat Products

Have you called Humminbird Customer Service of assistance with your RFI issue?

The 1199 and 1198 are the same except for the processing power and Ethernet connection. A SI transducer will have better images on the trolling motor than on the transom since there would be no disturbed water coming off the hull to degrade the images.

If you connect a DI transducer the 1199, the DI crystal would be connected to the right side SI circuit so that would give you disoriented right side SI and a DI view oriented correctly. The SI units use 83/200 kHz for 2D sonar, so you only choice for a DI transducer would be the trolling motor puck DI transducer XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    As long as your transducer cable is not damaged I think you should look over the routing of the cable as a first step in isolating your interference. HB customer service is a good partner in that quest. Bob

4. Member
    i had never zipped tied it to the trolling motor cable assembly before from the pedal to the head was the first time i did this maybe that could possibly have done it. i will detach it from there and test.
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ MarineBassAnglers

5. Member
    Do you have a Fortrex? Many route along the mount but some have had success tying to the steering cable harness. RFI could be different boat to boat though.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    No I have a motorguide and yes it’s tie wrapped to the cable steering / power cord not to the bracket I’m going to disconnect and try that
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ MarineBassAnglers