Thread: Yamaha SHO's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Projections mainly fall on boat manufactures based on pass years production and sales. Dealers can also make projections on motor sales which normally is a small fraction of what boat manufactures predict. If you didn't its on you, not yamaha.

2. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I worked a show at a Skeeter dealership this past weekend. They have already sold over 30-40 new boats or so on the year. They said they have no delays getting motors.
    I really like the way Skeeter packages and prices boats. I like that big sewing machine sounding SHO too. Has me thinking.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Projections mainly fall on boat manufactures based on pass years production and sales. Dealers can also make projections on motor sales which normally is a small fraction of what boat manufactures predict. If you didn't its on you, not yamaha.
    We purchase a couple hundred thousand in Yamaha parts every year for stock, it's easy to do that because the margins are much bigger and there are common parts we know people need.

Stocking every Yamaha motor, or a lot of the popular ones, is not cost effective. Think about what you said, say I stock 15 shos, that's about 225-245k in motors at cost (rough), now say we make 3k off each motor not including the labor and the space to store them. I just tied up 240k to make 45k before labor and storage costs.

That's just the beginning, what hp sho should I stock, should I only stock shos? If I stock a Yamaha 250 or 300, should it be digital or manual controls, 20, 25, or 30 inch shaft? Boat builders stock motors because they are the ones building boats to put the motors on and know what they need.

Sea hunt has a warehouse of motors, and so do several quantity builders.

Explain to me how a dealer stays afloat tying up hundreds of thousands of dollars to make a small percentage, only to hope they stocked the right motor when there are 9 different Yamaha 250's (not including the sho).

You own a business, ROI is what keeps doors open
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

4. Banned
    Projections and stocking inventory are two different things. Talk to Yamaha USA and see what they say.

5. Member
    My Ranger just got finished at the factory and my dealer said they have no 250 SHO for my boat.....so there it sits. I ordered this boat at the end of October, 2017. I'm VERY disappointed in how this has turned out. This was planned to be my last boat and I wanted a Yamaha.

It's very frustrating when the buyer and dealer did nothing wrong. I'm not so sure I'm going to accept my boat to tell you the truth. The more I think about how much I was spending on this rig, it just pisses me right off that I can't get what I want. Ranger should have "cut bait" and stopped building my boat if they didn't have a damn motor in stock for me. I have a good mind to let them have the boat!!!

Maybe I'll buy a Skeeter since this is the only way to get a Yamaha......or maybe I won't buy a damn thing.... I have options too!!!

M

6. Member
    Projections and stocking inventory are two different things. Talk to Yamaha USA and see what they say.
    I guess you should teach ranger how to make projections as well since you seem to have it figured out

FB_IMG_1516306475539.jpg
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    Current:

7. Member
    For the record, I love the SHO. I've had 3 of them, and think it's a better motor than the optimax. Yamaha makes great outboards
    Current:

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post
    For the record, I love the SHO. I've had 3 of them, and think it's a better motor than the optimax. Yamaha makes great outboards
    Yamaha get's my vote.....my SHO is like no other.....period!

9. Banned
    I guess you should teach ranger how to make projections as well since you seem to have it figured out

FB_IMG_1516306475539.jpg
    Im not defending yamaha by any means. Every manufacture has its way of somehow impacting the consumer one way or another. Every bussiness owner runs his operation the way that is best and most beneficial for him. You would think JM has it all figured out. I certainly don't either. I leave that up to my better half. She runs it, I just work here. ...dilly, dilly

[QUOTE=MMyles;9022140]My Ranger just got finished at the factory and my dealer said they have no 250 SHO for my boat.....so there it sits. I ordered this boat at the end of October, 2017. I'm VERY disappointed in how this has turned out. This was planned to be my last boat and I wanted a Yamaha.

It's very frustrating when the buyer and dealer did nothing wrong. I'm not so sure I'm going to accept my boat to tell you the truth. The more I think about how much I was spending on this rig, it just pisses me right off that I can't get what I want. Ranger should have "cut bait" and stopped building my boat if they didn't have a damn motor in stock for me. I have a good mind to let them have the boat!!!

Maybe I'll buy a Skeeter since this is the only way to get a Yamaha......or maybe I won't buy a damn thing.... I have options too!!!

M

Wow that's terrible. I just ordered a ZX 250 2 weeks ago with a build date of mid Feb. Skeeter surely will have a 250 SHO for my boat or I will be really hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    My Ranger just got finished at the factory and my dealer said they have no 250 SHO for my boat.....so there it sits. I ordered this boat at the end of October, 2017. I'm VERY disappointed in how this has turned out. This was planned to be my last boat and I wanted a Yamaha.

M
    Wow that's terrible! I just ordered an 18 ZX 250 2 weeks ago with a build date of mid Feb and surely Skeeter will have a 250 SHO for my boat or I will be Hot. I would think since Yamaha owns Skeeter their boats would be good to go getting motors first at least I hope that's how it works.

12. Member

Thumbs Up

I hope Yamaha steps up to the plate and takes care of boats that are complete. I can understand the shortage on new orders, I get that, but my boat is sitting there at the factory waiting on a motor.

M

13. Member
    Im not defending yamaha by any means. Every manufacture has its way of somehow impacting the consumer one way or another. Every bussiness owner runs his operation the way that is best and most beneficial for him. You would think JM has it all figured out. I certainly don't either. I leave that up to my better half. She runs it, I just work here. ...dilly, dilly
    Maybe I misunderstood. My understanding was you were blaming dealers. My apologies
    Current:

14. Banned
    To provide some hope for those waiting on new motors, lets have a little patience and see what hapens at Miami show. Lots of rummors of merc unvailing something new in a four stroke category. It wouldn't be good for yamaha to have a competitor take over some of their orders so Im sure there is a silver lining behind all of this. As I said earlier, its time for yamaha and their line up of 4.2L motors for at least an update. The 90 SHO perhaps is just a tease for whats to come. Some sort of merc partnership is not out question, it happened before in early 2000ds.

15. Member

That’s the first I’ve seen August 2018 for a motor. Everywhere else I heard it was for the entire year. Hopefully Yamaha will get everything under control and be back to normal soon. I have been planning for the past year to order a new boat at the end of this January but since this happened I’m putting it off.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

16. Member
    Double post!
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

17. Member
    Heard they had a serious emmissions issue and had to fix the problem. That is believable, nobody wants the EPA/Federal gov coming after them like VW had.

18. Member
    There seems to be plenty in Canada.

19. Member
    Just shows how much more demand for the SHO there is then in years past.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    Just shows how much more demand for the SHO there is then in years past.
    I believe this is really what's happening. We fished bass champs on rayburn Saturday and the number of SHOs was crazy. Well out numbered every other brand and I'm talking other brands besides skeeter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast