Picked up a 97 Savage 896 this weekend for a winter project/boat to leave at the family lakehouse. Price was right so we'll see where this goes.

Some history:
-2 Owners in the same family
- Not much use in the last decade.
- Runs Excellent (I'd guess low hours on the motor)
- He said he thought the transom might be soft because one the "drain sleeves" moves around pretty free and one of the upper motor mount bolts was fairly loose. He shot a bunch of silicone in the upper bolt hole and tightened it up. It's probably been used a few times since and the bolt hasn't loosened up and/or sunk into the glass. I'm planning on taking it by a fiberglass guy in the next few weeks. I won't use it until I know for sure what's going on.

Things it needs right away:
- The Sea Star Steering is leaking. I've got replacement seals and the tool in the glove box.

Things I'd like to sort out after the transom is fixed up:
-It has the "quick connect" 1.77" fishing seat pole bases. Given that both of the poles are marred up from channel locks and vice grips I'm going to use the Attwood adapters and go to the traditional 3/4".
-Touch up the trailer paint. It's got a little surface rust but nothing terrible.. This will be preventative really as opposed to cosmetic. Our lake eats trailers.
- Power Pole. Still doing my research on these but have a lake neighbor with one and I love his. (The boat has a jack plate so I should be able to mount to that)
- Upgrade Electronics: It's got an ancient Eagle Color Graph on the Bow and a Lowrance X510 on the console. Both work and I'm not fishing tournaments so I'll just upgrade as the "fun budget" allows.

Anything on this year and model I should know?