Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So for the guys who have SI up front how do you keep the trolling motor stable enough to get a descent pic. I thought to get good results you needed to be moving in a pretty straight line moving as a realitive consistant speed.

I would have thought it better to just make a long run with the big motor using SI then make / transfer waypoints up front. But ive not tried it

2. Banned
    I’ve got an ultrex. It holds itself straight

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So for the guys who have SI up front how do you keep the trolling motor stable enough to get a descent pic. I thought to get good results you needed to be moving in a pretty straight line moving as a realitive consistant speed.

I would have thought it better to just make a long run with the big motor using SI then make / transfer waypoints up front. But ive not tried it
    I don' worry much about the quality of the image displayed as long as I can interpret what it' showing me. A little smear her and there doesn't bother me in the least.

4. Member
    Left photo is typical of a school of walleyes on SI from the trolling motor at slow speeds. To be honest, the left side is more what I look for that the right, but I love seeing the right also.

The second photo has a school of walleyes on the right if you look close enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post

Here is what I built for my bow SI. Its still on the boat and still functioning great. I've fished heavy grass lakes with it as well without any issues. With this setup you always get perfect SI images.

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/in...19123#msg19123

i used to have SI up front, now have 360. can see ahead and to the sides................
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!

7. Member
    I see most of you are using the 2D rather than DI on the trolling motor....is the detail on the DI not as good as the 2D..? I don't have the DI yet but would have thought it would be detailed like the SI..?

Thanks!
    M

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    +1
    Yeah, and stop yelling.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    I see most of you are using the 2D rather than DI on the trolling motor....is the detail on the DI not as good as the 2D..? I don't have the DI yet but would have thought it would be detailed like the SI..?

Thanks!
    M
    what unit?SI units that are not MEGA use a simulated DI from the SI crystals(not great). Both DI units and all MEGA units have a separate crystal for DI. (Very good) What you would expect from imaging frequencies. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post

Thanks!
    M
    These are composite DI from a SI unit:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Thank you both... I plan to have Solix 15" & 12" MEGA at helm & bow with SI/DI/2D so I should be good to go!

M

12. Member
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything......

M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12