Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helix update 1.610

Does this new update address any significant glitches aside from phone pairing and adding Fishsmart and Talon features?
    I'm patiently waiting for the x-press menu/i pilot fix.

Is there any advantage to adding the DI XM 9 MDI T to an already existing Mega SI unit (y cable?)

I'm still running 1.460 and would rather wait to update unless some nice fixes were implemented.

Cheers,
    Scott

2. Member
    Same here and those annoying Radar views....LOL But after reading the software description doesn't look like they included anything else in the release.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    Does this new update address any significant glitches aside from phone pairing and adding Fishsmart and Talon features?
    I'm patiently waiting for the x-press menu/i pilot fix.

Is there any advantage to adding the DI XM 9 MDI T to an already existing Mega SI unit (y cable?)

I'm still running 1.460 and would rather wait to update unless some nice fixes were implemented.

Cheers,
    Scott
    What is the description for the DI transducer?

There is a new Dual Spectrum CHIRP DI transducer for the SOLIX units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Same for the Helix MSI units Wayne, I'll try to send you PDFs later if I don't forget!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Same for the Helix MSI units Wayne, I'll try to send you PDFs later if I don't forget!
    PM sent with a follow-up.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I sent you one PM & TXT'd a screenshot of the new 2D band for Helix12MSI- set to MDI XDCR.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. FishSeeker
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Same here and those annoying Radar views....LOL But after reading the software description doesn't look like they included anything else in the release.
    I just did the new update on my H12 SI G1 - and pleased to see the Radar Views are gone! Hopefully they don't return ;-)

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Looks like the new lower band Chirp option on Helix 12MSI- using MDI XDCR will be neat.... 140-240 kHz.

No bandwidth specs shown on the XDCR page though......

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSeeker View Post
    I just did the new update on my H12 SI G1 - and pleased to see the Radar Views are gone! Hopefully they don't return ;-)
    If you hide the views while in simulator mode, they will not stay hidden like other views.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

10. FishSeeker
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    If you hide the views while in simulator mode, they will not stay hidden like other views.
    I used the H12 today on the water and in Normal Mode the Radar Views did not return.
    I haven't gone into Simulator Mode and I don't use it very often so it's not an issue for me if Radar does show there.

I also have a H10 SI G1, which they haven't provided an update for yet - and the Radar view is still an issue in both Sim and Normal Modes.
    Hopefully they'll get to that update too.

11. Member
    With this update, they have added a clock to the overlay readouts.

12. Member
    I used the H12 today on the water and in Normal Mode the Radar Views did not return.
    I haven't gone into Simulator Mode and I don't use it very often so it's not an issue for me if Radar does show there.

I also have a H10 SI G1, which they haven't provided an update for yet - and the Radar view is still an issue in both Sim and Normal Modes.
    I believe there may be a difference when in Normal mode but still different then other views that can be hidden in simulator mode and stay hidden. I believe someone posted that before. I remove the units from the boat every trip out and then often download or update Nav data in simulator mode and every time have to re-hide the views. The software description didn't contain any info on this or the Express Menu glitch with ipilot so not sure they changed anything. Also haven't seen anything yet on H10 but guess they haven't got around yet to update the accounts for that model.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

I have the Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS on my desk. The RADAR views come back in Simulator and stay off when going back to Normal. Not only that, there are no RADAR or 360 views in the Normal View list after the update. Would have to attach either or both to get those back, I don't have RADAR to find out.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I have been hiding them every time I bring the units home off the boat and then have to hide them again when I go back out...LOL But haven't been out since the update because of the bug (not software related....LOL)

Just tried going into Simulator mode and turned SONAR off and then into Normal Mode and no more RADAR views. So, a little different then when you can hide most of the other views in Simulator mode that will stay hidden but at least won't have to keep changing the RADAR views like before. Will try the express menus with the Ipilot next trip out.

Also talked with Humminbird today and this software for other models will be forthcoming but not released yet to the accounts.
    Last edited by ezfishn; 01-18-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added note
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Is there a newupdate out for the Helix units
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

16. Member
    Anyone know anywhere on the Internet I can go to talk to other people about Humminbird electronics?

;) couldn't resist.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Anyone know anywhere on the Internet I can go to talk to other people about Humminbird electronics?

;) couldn't resist.
    Deep Dark Web

Quote Originally Posted by sheeterhdip225 View Post
    Is there a newupdate out for the Helix units
    Yes, the Helix 12 updates were a few days ago, have you read all of this thread? The others will be soon.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I looked last night and had the new updates for my Helix 12 Mega, Helix 10 Mega, and a new update for my Ultrex Link I didn't realize was ready.

Maybe I'll get a chance soon to install them. I never installed the base maps. None of them cover the waters I fish, so I kept that large chunk of memory free on my units for now.
    Last edited by akaslyguy; 01-19-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

20. Member
    Just confirmed they updated my account with the ver 1.61 for the Helix 10 SI GPS G1 model. The last change on the Ultrex Link was 1.19 in Jan 2017.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast