What the best way to remove flex coat that didn't set up?

I usually only mix enough just to fix one guide. Evidently I didn't get it exactly 50/50 and in 8hrs it's still tacky. What's the best way to remove and clean it off?

No real good way without cutting the thread and starting over. I usually just mix another and put another coat on to setup over top of it.

3. Member
    Yeah, I'd just redo it. Sometimes it's tough when you're only mixing up a little bit. The syringes make it easier, I just pull 1ml

4. Member
    I planned on cutting it off just wanted to clean the blank with something that doesn't hurt the blank.

5. Member
    If it's tacky you should be able to pick most of it off with your fingernail. Usually when I clean up a blank I'll use some simple green on a little piece of less aggressive Scotch Brite pad.

6. Member
    If it is only tacky after 8hrs in the kind of temps we have been seeing you may be able to save it. Put it back on the dryer with a heat source close to the wrap. A 100watt floodlight will work well to get some heat into it.

7. Member
    Give it 24 hours to cure and add a heat source (lamp, etc.) If it is still tacky, you can add a properly mixed second coat. Denatured alcohol can remove any residue if you chose to remove the wrap and start over.

8. Member
    Thanks guys