Local Tackle Shops

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I didn't find anything in the search.

I am looking to find some good tackle shops to visit over the winter. Was hoping southern Michigan or northern Ohio that aren't Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. Do you guys have some favorites you're willing to share?

Janns Netcraft Maumee OH...... Tackle and tackle making store.

Lunkers in Edwardsburg Mi was a cool place... Have not been there in years.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    D & R Sports in Kalamazoo Mi. Owned by Randy Van Dam brother of KVD. Randy also holds the Ohio state record for Smallmouth Bass at 9#8oz caught in Lake Erie. It is on display in the store and is very impressive to see in person.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 01-15-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

4. Member
    Mikes RX Pharmacy n Baits in Morenci, Mi THE BEST SELECTION OF QUALITY BASS TACKLE IN THE STATE.

Mike is a great guy and knows his stuff. No "bs" in there.

Nick N
    Catch 5, Keep'em alive!

Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEM View Post
    Mikes RX Pharmacy n Baits in Morenci, Mi THE BEST SELECTION OF QUALITY BASS TACKLE IN THE STATE.

Mike is a great guy and knows his stuff. No "bs" in there.

Nick N
    Mike has retired and sold the pharmacy... Moving to Florida as a snowbird. Buying a center console saltwater aluminum boat.

With some research, I found Lunkers has been sold/closed....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. dartag1829
    There are 2 new shops in the Waterford area. The Bait Shop in Airport Road. Jays Big Bass Outdoors on Dixie Highway. Jays is just getting going in a store. He has had a Big Van that he travels around with. Both have a pretty good selection of baits. The Bait Shop has the best prices on Senkos that I have found.

I am in Florida for the winter. The Tackle Shops down here are in-real. They stock a lot of Heavy Tackle rods, Tungsten and Flipping baits. Gambler, Bitters, Medlock Heavy Flipping Jigs with double weed guards are the flipping baits. The selection 7.5 - 8 foot Flipping stick selection is Huge.

7. Member
    Sportsmans direct. Also a very small one on Jefferson just before the T to turn towards Harley Ensign.

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    There are 2 new shops in the Waterford area. The Bait Shop in Airport Road. Jays Big Bass Outdoors on Dixie Highway. Jays is just getting going in a store. He has had a Big Van that he travels around with. Both have a pretty good selection of baits. The Bait Shop has the best prices on Senkos that I have found.

I am in Florida for the winter. The Tackle Shops down here are in-real. They stock a lot of Heavy Tackle rods, Tungsten and Flipping baits. Gambler, Bitters, Medlock Heavy Flipping Jigs with double weed guards are the flipping baits. The selection 7.5 - 8 foot Flipping stick selection is Huge.
    Check out the Fishermans Candy Store in Lake Wales Fl. Lots of the flipping stuff.

If you get in the area, check out The Angler in Hudson, IN. Just south of the state line off of I-69. Reid has a great selection and knows his stuff. If this is a bit too far, my apologies... PS He and his wife, Heather, are Michigan Wolverine fans. LOL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    If you get in the area, check out The Angler in Hudson, IN. Just south of the state line off of I-69. Reid has a great selection and knows his stuff. If this is a bit too far, my apologies... PS He and his wife, Heather, are Michigan Wolverine fans. LOL
    Not too far at all. I have nothing else to do until the ice comes off the lakes so a road trip or two will be fun.

11. Member
    Michigan Tackle Specialties
    1020 E Columbia Ave, Battle Creek, MI 49014

They've got a lot of good stuff and most of the new stuff.
    -Matt

12. Member
    That smallmouth is ridiculous in person, it's a monsta. Great store.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    D & R Sports in Kalamazoo Mi. Owned by Randy Van Dam brother of KVD. Randy also holds the Ohio state record for Smallmouth Bass at 9#8oz caught in Lake Erie. It is on display in the store and is very impressive to see in person.

13. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uknowme View Post
    That smallmouth is ridiculous in person, it's a monsta. Great store.
    Yeah, it's worth the trip just to see that fish. Not to mention all the cool memorabilia that the Van Dams have in the store from tournament fishing. And it's loaded with a lot of great choices of bait and tackle.

14. Member
    If u go to D&R Sports. Head about 30 min south to Middlebury Indiana. The Tackle Shack is a great little tackle shop. He carries a lot of great name brand bass stuff. Good place to pick up C Flash crankbaits.

15. Belleville Lake, Michigan dlaport1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    If u go to D&R Sports. Head about 30 min south to Middlebury Indiana. The Tackle Shack is a great little tackle shop. He carries a lot of great name brand bass stuff. Good place to pick up C Flash crankbaits.
    +1

16. Member
    Don, do I sense another road trip?

17. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by team houston View Post
    Don, do I sense another road trip?
    Was thinking the same thing. Not sure when the D&R show is. I know it starts on a Friday which is better I have heard.

18. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I want to say it to was in March last. IIRC

Lunkers closed, but yes, was cool.