Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I use basic plug knockers, a lure hound, and an 18ft ext pole. Lost too many swimbaits to learn this lesson
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtrwsel View Post
    jdb21867 Contact David Baker on here. Hands down the best retriever I have used.

Concur with the above. Dave is great to deal with and makes a fine product. I also have a set up similar to bilgerat that I made from a golf ball retriever for shallow(er) runners.

Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    That is me. I have the shop rebuilt now and am just waiting on new equipment.
    I have a list a mile long of people wanting them. I am going to order material this week and will borrow a buddys shop to get several orders out until I get the equipment in my shop.
    I had planned to have already been up and running in the new shop but life kinda got in the way.
    Keep us updated on when you will be up and running. I'm interested in getting one.

4. Member
    Hound dog for me also, but I also carry a pole. When you fish with some of the people I do, you need to reach up in the trees as much as down in the water.
    If I was getting a new one, I would look for one that has the hook for a-rigs, and a loop big enough to go around the new larger baits and spoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Davecon View Post
    Bought one, the only one they had, at a local shop and it works well but I'm sure that's because it has Bill Dances signature on it. Seriously though, it works fine for my needs.
    Goofy looking fish thing with chains on it?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    Keep us updated on when you will be up and running. I'm interested in getting one.
    Will do. I should be shipping by the end of the month.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

7. Member
    I've had good luck with the spark plugs that you mentioned. I keep the old ones and if it doesn't work your out of a swivel.

8. Member
    made knockers out of weights and swivels but if its bad and two dont get it back i bust out with the big gun 44 iv got a short piece of rope tied to where the chain should be

This has saved us a ton of lures.

We bought the longest one. On our second one, we lost the 'cork screw' end on the first one.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-...lure-retriever
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

10. Member
    My buddy, D--kHead makes em by pourin a 1oz egg sinker and overfillin the mold and then inserting a swivel in the top. Works like a dream. We refer to it as the D--kHead Knocker.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

11. Member
    pocket knocker works great
    Last edited by buster502; 01-16-2018 at 01:17 PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    Goofy looking fish thing with chains on it?
    Thats the one we use. The fish even has his Tennessee hat on. It works like a charm 95% of the time. It pays for itself every time we go out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Thats the one we use. The fish even has his Tennessee hat on. It works like a charm 95% of the time. It pays for itself every time we go out.
    Yes, the old Bill Dance one with the Tennessee hat! That was the best one I've ever used. Wish they still made them. I lost mine. I use the Hound Dog by Jewel now.

14. Member
    I have the 44 mag as well and best i have owned to date! Great product
    Ranger 518 dvx!!

15. Member
    You guys are breaking Timmy Horton's heart!! "Money Pole".........LOL!!!!!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

16. Member
    Been using this, same one, for 20 years. Works very well up to about 15', after that it gets a little iffy

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-...lure-retriever

17. Member
    I like the David Fritt's lure retriever. I've gotten more crankbaits back with it than any other. You could not find it for while, but he talked Lew's into making it again and I recently purchased one from Land Big Fish. You can also get them on the Lew's site.

I broke the two I had previously by accidently stepping on them when I left them out on the front deck or lying in the bottom of the boat. The coil that you feed your line through is made of brass that is screwed into or embedded in the main weight, which is lead. Brass is relatively soft and when I stepped on the retriever, the brass line holder/guide broke off where it entered the lead weight, so be sure you put it away in a compartment each time you are finished using it and you'll be fine.

While I was looking around for another Fritt's model, I bought a Daiwa lure retriever from TW. It has a strong nylon cord on a hand reel with a lead weight with about 5 or 6 chains hanging off the weight. It worked pretty well but I had a lure stuck so bad that the nylon retrieval cord snap before the lure pulled loose and I lost the business end of the retriever. I bought another one and still have it and the new Fritt's model to start 2018 fishing season.

I use the old Fritts type retriever. These were like the old Mojo retriever that was popular on High Rock lake . The problem with the mojo was it was very fragile. There was a local guy who built a copy of the Mojo retriever that was very strong like a tank. I have had it 35+ years and it is still saving lures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MOJ...cAAOSwXf1aWUX1
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

19. Member
    Obie lure retriever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12