Boone Lake this past season?

I've been following the problem with the dam and the resulting draw down. Can't find any "recent" fishing reports though. How was this past season?
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Member
    I dont think a lot of people are fishing it still. But have heard the ones that are fishing have caught several fish. Myself I will not tempt fate as I feel like you would be running through an landmine with it as low as it is. Too many unmarked shallow Rocks to take a lower unit off.

3. Member
    The fishing is hit and miss but the numbers and quality are really down from last year and the year before. It is evident that the lake is on a decline, whether that is related to the draw down or just related to the normal cycle that lakes follow I do not know. If and when they get the dam finished and refill the lake, if they do an aggressive restock program there will be an opportunity for Boone to really become a great lake again with all the growth that is currently below the full pool line.

4. Member
    I fished 2 to 3 rodeo's a week this summer and it was hit or miss on the bite. A lot depended on the generating schedule on the Watauga and Holston Rivers. One night I had the best trip I've ever had on Boone. I got one that was 5 lbs. 15 ozs. and one that was 5 lbs. 12 ozs. and my best 5 went over 21 lbs. As far as running the lake it's not a problem. You can run on plane from just below Boone's Creek on the Watauga side all the way to Rainbow bridge on the Holston side. TWRA has markers at each end be real careful if you go above them. If you follow the river channel on your gps you want have any trouble. There's 2 rock islands with markers on them. One is right out from the ramp at the dam and the other is at the mouth of Deer Lick hollow around point 19.

Thanks for the responses.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.