Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are a few that will run well on the 2200..A good worked Bravo1 is a great wheel, just not the XS model...I had a rich boger trophy that ran very well also..my choice if you could get one would be a hydromotive quad4xob sst...The Fury was not out when I had my 2200s, so maybe someone can chime in if they have ran one...I know for me it was the best out of the box prop for my 2100s..
    LD

Quote Originally Posted by BigStickFishing View Post
    Thank You ldbass55 I really appreciate all the info. I bought the XB Motor from a guy that had it on a bullet and he had the gears changed to 1:62. I would love to find someone to change them back to 1:75 but I cant find anyone here in Texas to do it. I am going to pull the boat out this weekend and move my prop to pad up to 3.5" and just start raising it a 1/4" at a time till i find the sweet spot. I will also weigh and organize all my tackle and stuff to offsett my weight on my side.
    Buy a 1:75 Torquemaster and sell the 1:62. There will be a Bullet or Blazer owner that will buy it. While a well worked Bravo may loose a mile or 2 MPH on top end, their cruise, holeshot and mid-range are phenomenal.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Balance will help a lot.. Are you with a passenger or filling the passenger live well?
    works for me in a different make boat.

4. Member
    More than likely you are trimming to high, its easy to do when your learning. Its sounds like your going faster but your not. You need a different prop. I fought this demon for years. lol. I run a trophy 26p 4 blade. 2 of the 4 vent are plugged. I still not right, but this prop was a tremendous game changer.( I had a 26p 3 blade tempest) I can get 72.5 tourny load, but by myself. I am not really sure with a co angler. I normally dont run that fast with them.

98' 209 single console 08' 225hp optimax

5. Member
    What LU do you have? I have 1.75 gears and need 1.62 for my setup.
    2001 GAMBLER 2100 W/2010 250XS

1995 GAMBLER INTIMIDATOR

6. Member
    Is there anyone that can go with you that has experience driving a pad boat? You will save yourself a lot of time by going with an experienced driver. DO NOT try to drive thru the chine walk, learn to prevent it from happening. If you are going alone, then fill livewells with water. Make sure your boat is balanced front to back and side to side. Drive boat up to speed to where it wants to start chinewalking, then put boat in slight left-hand turn. Make small corrections with the steering wheel. Take your time and be sure you wear your lifejacket and your kill switch. It takes seat time, so don't get discouraged!

7. Member
    One key thing to remember when learning to drive this boat is that when it starts to chine, (and it will at first) don't just drop off the throttle. Simply let up on the pedal and let the boat slowly settle down. I learned that pretty quickly when mine hooked up when I dropped it off the pad during a bad chine. Crazy thing is that now I can hop in my boat by myself or with a passenger and never get any chine. The only thing I think i'm doing is applying slight pulses of left steer pressure. Key word is pulses maybe at a one one thousand, two one thousand rate if that makes any sense. Oh and mine started at around the 60 mark when I first drove it and the speed slowly crept up little by little till the chine just went away.

8. Member
    Thank You ldbass55 I really appreciate all the info. I bought the XB Motor from a guy that had it on a bullet and he had the gears changed to 1:62. I would love to find someone to change them back to 1:75 but I cant find anyone here in Texas to do it. I am going to pull the boat out this weekend and move my prop to pad up to 3.5" and just start raising it a 1/4" at a time till i find the sweet spot. I will also weigh and organize all my tackle and stuff to offsett my weight on my side.
    I can change the gears back to 1.75. I was planning to swap over to 1.62 gears in my sportmaster anyway.

9. Member
    Your problem is not in your tackle load. Your problem is your learning to drive. I had the same issue for the longest time until Mike Price told me how to fix it. My problem with chine walk was I carried too much weight in the behind the drivers seat. On Mike Price’s recommendation I moved my trolley batteries to the center compartment. Problem solved. I also run 12” of setback as well. There’s a reason Gambler moved the batteries in the Sterling’s farther forward.....it’s called weight distribution.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

10. Member
    Thank you again to everyone who chimed in. This is exactly why I love this sight and love owning a Gambler.

hell some of this is helping me out as well!!!

I have had my boat since last may and it only got to see water 5 times!!

its my first bass boat let alone a FAST bass boat!!!
    always learning

12. Member
    Gpgambler could you post a pic of your battery set up might be something we all want to try

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scantrell View Post
    Gpgambler could you post a pic of your battery set up might be something we all want to try
    Sure I can that but it might be a bit as my boat is in storage at my father’s place 2 1/2 hrs away. I might be able to have Hume take a pic for me.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

14. Member
    I can see where that would work. Last year I had the fish to win a tournament but others knew about the area too. So I thought Ill just beat everyone there! I opted to remove everything out of the front of my boat but just what I needed. Wrong! If you'd get over 60 it'd try to run out from under you. Guess my 200# of plastics and gear were the balance.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12