Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WalMart job interview update!!

I applied for a job with the evil corporation last Monday and had my interview today. I arrived 15 minutes before schedule and was taken to the Store Manager after a 3 minute wait. Introductions made and he asked me if i had any questions about the Corporation. I said nope. He went over my resume and asked a couple questions then asked me to tell him about myself. 10 minutes later he offered me a position either full time or part time. I told him i will take the part time. He said full time pays more. Told him i'm retired no full time for me. He said as soon as the pee test and the background check came back usually within 48 hours i would begin orientation and my starting pay would be 11.70 an hour and i would be expected to work 16 hours per week but could have as many as i wanted. The whole process took 20 minutes. I have to pee test this afternoon. I was treated well and with respect but no doughnuts or coffee. Nothing evil yet, as soon as i find some i will report back.

2. Banned
    What, you weren't qualified???... Dan

3. Banned
    Thanks for taking one for the team.

Better study hard for the test, I heard they are hard to pass for some people....lol

5. Banned
    Please look into if wm's strike king lures and firearms are factory seconds.

So you think you will pass the pee test then?

I may be taking one soon as well. Been preparing for awhile now, drinking lots and lots of water, it is lemon flavored, and coffee too. Guess we ought to work on our aim....hadn't even thought of that....craaaaap
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

7. idbefishing
    Don't be like this guy

"So I finally landed a job as a Wal-Mart greeter, which is a good find for many retirees, unfortunately I lasted less than a day.About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. Per my greeter training manual I said pleasantly, “Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.” “Nice children you have there. Are they twins?”
    The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, “Hell no, they ain’t twins. The oldest one is 9, and the other one is 7. Why the hell would you think they’re twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?” So I replied, “I’m neither blind nor stupid, madam. I just couldn’t believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.”
    My supervisor said I probably wasn’t cut out for this line of work."

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Don't be like this guy

"So I finally landed a job as a Wal-Mart greeter, which is a good find for many retirees, unfortunately I lasted less than a day.About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. Per my greeter training manual I said pleasantly, “Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.” “Nice children you have there. Are they twins?”
    The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, “Hell no, they ain’t twins. The oldest one is 9, and the other one is 7. Why the hell would you think they’re twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?” So I replied, “I’m neither blind nor stupid, madam. I just couldn’t believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.”

9. Banned
    Do they offer counseling? I have heard you can see some pretty traumatic things.

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    If you're worried about the pee test, take one of these along as a diversionary tactic and claim that you misunderstood their request...

Who controls John Gill?

11. Member
    It's going to be close.

1. Alcohol for stays for about two days at the most. Meth can stay in your system for the maximum of 3 days. Cocaine can be found in your system using urine test with the 5 days of use. LSD and Heroin can also be detected through urine and blood test within a time period of 3 to 4 days depending on how often you used.

If you think the pee test will be a problem, google Whizzinator.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    The fashion show should be priceless.

Don't be like this guy

BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Don't be like this guy

Total win!!!

Make sure you work the morning shift. You could be this guy--- leading the Wal Mart cheer every morning.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Make sure you work the morning shift. You could be this guy--- leading the Wal Mart cheer every morning.

That's 57 seconds of my life I will never get back

Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    That's 57 seconds of my life I will never get back
    I just hope the guy in the orange shirt watches it......and never again does that 'dance move'.....
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

19. Member
    Good luck with your new job at Walmart. There is a good chance you will see some of your old "clients" from DOC.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Can you hook us up with your employee discount?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast