Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
Cobra is rage other one. That is the one he took a 400 series and splashed.
Cobra & Viper are the same depending on the owner of the company at the time. I wasn't aware that John Storie ever worked for Cobra/Viper. I was thinking his non-compete from the sale of Champion prevented that or maybe just prevented him designing another deep V wedge hull. Story I got was he was contracted by Cobra to do some design work on their hull and splashed a Ranger 400 series hull as the basis. He then was contracted by Fisher to work on their line. That resulted an a lawsuit filed by Cobra against Fisher as the two boats looked almost identical. I don't know if that had anything to do with Johnny Morris closing the Fisher line or not. John did form Hawk and built them for a few years. Another very close design to Cobra & Fisher. He ultimately sold Hawk to Randy Qualls and Legend was born. The Stratos Elites were the 3 best selling Champion boats, 210, 202 & 183 re-branded to Stratos when Champion shut down. the first year of the Stratos Elites had Stratos decals on the side and Champion logos on the seats fronts of the consoles. I know some boats were sold those last 3 years where the purchaser wanted the Champion decals on the side and front of the consoles and was able to get them.