Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charger 210 thoughts from owners

Just curious, how you guys who have yhe 210 are liking them? Ride, fishability, etc. I may be able to start looking at the end of 2018 or early 2019. I figure there's enough owners at this point to get some solid input on them.

2. Member
    There are quite a few owners, but not many on hear from what I have seen.

I'm waiting on mine. Hopefully can answer your questions by the end of March if you can wait. Most of those who own them, that I have talked to, aren't going out until it warms above 0.. There is a Kevin Altman on YouTube, has a few videos, that ownes a 210 since December. He's had his out fishing a few times. He is happy to talk about his boat.
    I got nothin

4. Banned
    Are you asking all 210 owners or just Charge 210 owners???... Dan

5. Member
    All 210 owners would be fine to answer the questions I suppose. I know charger didn't change a bunch on the boat, from what I understand.

6. Banned
    I've got a 2013 Stratos 210 Champion Elite... One of the last made by the Ranger group... It's actually the boat they used for the photo shoot in that years catalog... I have no complaints... Light load by myself I've run 74+gps... With a tournament load and partner 72gps... Boat handles rough water great (I've fished Erie, St. Clair, Sam Rayburn and other big waters and have never had a worry) but you have to use a little common sense. My home waters are the shallow creeks (2 feet and less) of the Ohio River and have never had a problem drafting shallow water... Storage is fantastic, I carry 18 rods, and a BPS of tackle in the front storage boxes, store life jackets, rain gear, snacks and safety items in the rear compartments... Front deck is massive, we fish 2 on the front and we love to flip and pitch, no tipsy feeling at all. Is it perfect, no, I came out of a Bullet and still miss the speed rush, but I can cruise with the 210 and never really touch the wheel... Dan

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Just curious, how you guys who have yhe 210 are liking them? Ride, fishability, etc. I may be able to start looking at the end of 2018 or early 2019. I figure there's enough owners at this point to get some solid input on them.
    come to the owner's tournament in October - there were 3 or 4 dealers there last year taking folks for demo rides

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    come to the owner's tournament in October - there were 3 or 4 dealers there last year taking folks for demo rides
    Got your reservations yet? Mine will be there made reservations Monday.
    I got nothin

9. Member
    I have ran a 210 personally for a year and was around the first one made last year. The boats first of all "look great". The holeshot is instant and top speed comparable to any. Storage is good, well laid out with many small storage areas to organize many of your fishing and boating needs. True to the Champion heritage, rough water ride is second to none! Every where I go, this boat is a show stopper!

10. Member
    Has anyone been in a Legend V-20 and a Charger 210 Elite? I’m going to go check out the 210 for the first time tomorrow!

11. Member
    I bet Ray has!

12. Banned
    I have but it was a wounded V-20 so I can't compare how they run. Two weeks after we fished out of it he took it to the Legend factory for transom repair. I haven't been in it since the repair was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Has anyone been in a Legend V-20 and a Charger 210 Elite? I’m going to go check out the 210 for the first time tomorrow!
    I have. 210 is definitely better in rough water. I think holeshot is better in the 210 too. The legend is laid out nice and fishes good as well does the 210.
    Both are good boats. We ended up buying a 210 though.

14. Member
    The same person designed both boats and a couple of others and...by far the most successful of all of the companies was Champion. That boat combined with the "family owned" pride of Charger makes a great boat even better.

15. Member
    HondaRay didnt Allan Stinson design the 210 Champion????? He definitely did not Design the Legend V20

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Jason Bragg told me that Alan modified the pad area of the 206 hull for the 210. I don't know if he also did the top cap or not.

Stinson took a 206 Champ and tweeked it to his liking making the 210. He changed a few things, made it a tad faster, rounded the wedge rear area and added a dash of this and that. It took a little away from the turning performance but has better top end than the 206. For your average boat driver you'd probably never be able to tell much of a difference. For those of you that are die hard Champers and run the pizz out of you can tell. Tit for tat. Charger has done a fine job on the 210. I've yet to run one but if it's a splash of the original 210 like they say it is then it's a fine hull. Smart move on their part.

The V20 and Alpha Series is all Legend and their own design. The only relation they have with Champion is original Hawk molds bought off John Storie (that are no longer used, and a spash off a Viper/Cobra hull which is a splash of a 400 Series Ranger). Those Viper/Cobra, Hawk molds were designed by Bruce Benton who worked for Storie at Champ, then went with him to Viper/Cobra and Hawk.

Getting back to the original question, I had a cleat added to the port side at the console. I find that with a partner, which is how I normally fish, I will let him tie up on that side first. The boat comes with three cleats on the starboard side and two on port.
    I got nothin

19. Member
    John Storie designed the Champion, along with Hawk, Viper and maybe one more. Stinson worked for Stratos when purchased by Genmar. They introduced a Champion they named a "stratos" near the end of the era for Champion.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRay View Post
    John Storie designed the Champion, along with Hawk, Viper and maybe one more. Stinson worked for Stratos when purchased by Genmar. They introduced a Champion they named a "stratos" near the end of the era for Champion.
    Cobra is the other one. That is the one he took a 400 series and splashed.
    Last edited by Sports1; 02-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast