Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Man, please don't turn this one political.
    Not turning it political at all... Just pointing out that even when one party has all the marbles they still can't get it done. It's happened with both parties in complete control. If there are non corps controlled launches on whatever lake it is, you'll still be able to use them.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Member
    All of our ramps were shut down and they had magical FS law enforcement at every entrance. As soon as the shutdown was over they went poof and disappeared. They intentionally shut down those and national parks to maximize the pain on voters so they would scream uncle. Never knew the FS had so many armed officers.

3. Member
    was not good here--lots of ramps were closed --the ones that were open were packed !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by gleninaz View Post
    All of our ramps were shut down and they had magical FS law enforcement at every entrance. As soon as the shutdown was over they went poof and disappeared. They intentionally shut down those and national parks to maximize the pain on voters so they would scream uncle. Never knew the FS had so many armed officers.
    Sure they did and the so called workers get paid in full to stay home .

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I questioned the Corps about this specifically, it's really no different than a toll road as you have to pay to use it. not like a regular road where you pay taxes and then thats used to upkeep the roads. but anyways. i was told that the Corps is the only gov't organization that doesn't handle their own funds. that money we pay is sent directly to the treasury department and then given back to the Corps to use.
    No government activity handles their own funds. Congress makes an appropriation, which is basically permission to obligate the money to something, then Treasury cuts the actual checks.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I don't know about the govt. shut down affecting the ramps, as our only local Corps ramp closes a week after Labor Day and doesn't open until a week before Memorial Day. So, if you buy a yearly pass, it's only good for those 4 months.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Around here they pulled the docks on the camp ground Corps ramps, all others were left in and we used them and were never ticketed. Always had the yearly Corps sticker. They pull the ramps here during ice up, some years we don't get ice.

There has been a few - local fisherman - try for years and years to get a courtesy ramp put in at a close by ramp close to Ohio river. Have heard several times over the years and always the same ole thing. No money. Just sayin.

9. Member
    Doesn't affect me, not worried at all.

They shut the gates here as well, at least on Norfork Lake. We used ramps without gates or docks. No one that I know of got ticketed.
    Funny thing, a put in here called Pigeon Creek has a concrete ramp with no dock and if you drive on down to the end of the road there is a concrete ramp with a courtesy dock and they had the gate closed that is past the first ramp on the way to the 2nd (nicer, less steep, with a courtesy dock) ramp.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

11. Member
    I was actually fishing out of a COE ramp that day. Loaded up to leave and the swinging gate was shut and locked at entrance. Glad there was enough room to go around it to get out.

12. Member
    There is no such thing as a real Government shutdown! We would all be better off it there was.

13. Member
    Back country campgrounds and ramps were open on LBL the last time.
    War Eagle 2072 side console, Mossy Oak, Skinned with carpet,
    115 Optimax, Laser II, 19P.
    Rod locker, storage boxes, Terrova I-Pilot Link
    HB-899, HB-999, Bimini top, Smart Tabs,
    44 mph.

Yeah, our $h,++y Corp ramps were closed during the last shutdown. I just picked one of the better ones maintained by the county/state and kept fishing.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Some people crack me up they complain because the fees are too high to get in there but then complain when there's nobody there to take the money for them to go in

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Some people crack me up they complain because the fees are too high to get in there but then complain when there's nobody there to take the money for them to go in
    I just estimated my tax PENALTY today, the fees and 75% of corp jobs are useless!!!!!!!!!

I for one welcome the shutdown if it just inconveniences the .gub teat some rely on.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    To many mclames and grahamnestys. Let them shut it down, too many unnecessary federal employees anyway.
    You wouldn't say that if you were one of "those" employees.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knopf View Post
    There is no such thing as a real Government shutdown! We would all be better off it there was.
    As much as I dislike over reach, I disagree with that statement.

I found places to fish last supposed shut down.

What I found interesting during the last shut down was who was supposedly "essential." That part was a joke, and closing ramps was nothing more than a PITA move to make people mad. You MIGHT get lucky and find a clean urinal at a Corps ramp around here this time of year. The bathrooms are already winterized and locked.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oscardog View Post
    You wouldn't say that if you were one of "those" employees.
    Not only unnecessary but useless waste of tax dollars.

20. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    We have absolutely beautiful ramps here at our corps lake. I do disagree with the bathrooms and fish cleaning stations being closed during the cold months as well as pulling the walkways.

Dale Sinclair original

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast