Banned

Warren Buffett on crypto

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/buff...end-badly.html

This is why I don't listen to anything coming from Wall St investors regarding crypto as anything other than hyperbole. They know nothing about it. Buffett even admits he's knows nothing about it.

Buffett said he would not take a short position on bitcoin futures. "We don't own any, we're not short any, we'll never have a position in them," he said. "I get into enough trouble with things I think I know something about," he added. "Why in the world should I take a long or short position in something I don't know anything about."

2. Member
    Yea, I think alot of the older folks are having a hard time understanding crypto. Me included, but I remember when if you didn't have cash or a check you didn't buy anything. There's no way back then I would've believed what we do now with our phones, so I'm open minded about this and I don't think it's going away. Now, if my crypto portfolio only looked better

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I love it when he says, I know nothing about it, but it's going to end babdly. I know nothing about it but if I could I would buy long dated puts on it.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I love it when he says, I know nothing about it, but it's going to end babdly. I know nothing about it but if I could I would buy long dated puts on it.
    He's full of it saying he "knows nothing about it". He's just using scare tactics to keep older investors out of it, and otherwise on the fence investors from making the jump. Keeps money flowing in his direction.

5. Member
    The big wall street people see a market cap of 700 billion and think that should be on their custom made land of regulated stocks that hold their full advantage. They want that advantage and crypto land doesn't give them that guarantee like their market. Although they could play in as whales and manipulate any coin they want.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Funny, on a day like today in crypto world, I'm seeing a bunch of crypto guys talking about the US dollar and national debt and valuations.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    I saw something the other day that really made sense. One of the anti crypto guys was talking about how crypto isn't backed by anything and someone brought up a good point. Now our dollar isn't backed by anything really. It used to be backed by gold but since we printed so much more it's really no different than crypto. Wouldn't take much to make the regular dollar start swinging like crypto really. It is a bad day in crypto land though. All we can do is buy in more when it stops. I'm down on a few coins and ripple needs to stop before I'm even on it. Thinking of consolidating into one, maybe 2 coins that are bound to double.

8. Member
    [QUOTE= Thinking of consolidating into one, maybe 2 coins that are bound to double.[/QUOTE]

AND THEY WOULD BE?

LOL!

9. Member
    Haha. Do NOT take this as a for sure deal but BNB and XLM should. NEO is just now giving way to the dip but it's a strong coin. Of those 3, I'm only in XLM and I'm down on it right now but it will come back up. ETH is also a good bet for going back to 1400. I'm getting some fiat ready to buy once we ever find the bottom

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Haha. Do NOT take this as a for sure deal but BNB and XLM should. NEO is just now giving way to the dip but it's a strong coin. Of those 3, I'm only in XLM and I'm down on it right now but it will come back up. ETH is also a good bet for going back to 1400. I'm getting some fiat ready to buy once we ever find the bottom
    I’m hoping to do that with TRX,down to a nickel right now.

11. Member
    TRX is basically a scam coin. They copied somebodies whitepaper and there's a few other things that send off bad signals. That what I've been reading anyway. Does that mean it won't double, not at all.

12. Member
    Well, IF I dumped what I'm HODLing and dropped it in ARN yesterday, I would be making money instead of losing it TODAY!

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    If Warren had been able to buy puts, he'd be up quite a bit today.

Hope you guys have strong stomachs.
    Thanos was the hero

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    TRX is basically a scam coin. They copied somebodies whitepaper and there's a few other things that send off bad signals. That what I've been reading anyway. Does that mean it won't double, not at all.
    -
    I bailed on Tron while I was ahead too. Way to much hype, without enough substance. Ole Justin Sun just keeps pumping out vague tweets..........that’s not to say it won’t go up again; lots of hype behind it to drive it up.
    -
    I certainly understand language barriers with these tech guys and............well.........tech guys kinda speaking a different language all together.........but, something just seems a bit ‘off’ with the whole Tron scene at the moment.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Well, IF I dumped what I'm HODLing and dropped it in ARN yesterday, I would be making money instead of losing it TODAY!
    You aren't the only one! If you keep starring at the binance app you will see the next coin coming up that the pump groups has got in to. They've hit a few today. I haven't got in on one because it seems it's always already up 45 or 50% and I know it won't go much if any more if I jump in. Lol. I did see one a little bit ago early but it had a big sale wall that I thought would stop it. Of course it ate that and went another 15%. I'm holding for now. Moved my ETH to my hard wallet and will just add too it while it's down.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    I bailed on Tron while I was ahead too. Way to much hype, without enough substance. Ole Justin Sun just keeps pumping out vague tweets..........that’s not to say it won’t go up again; lots of hype behind it to drive it up.
    -
    I certainly understand language barriers with these tech guys and............well.........tech guys kinda speaking a different language all together.........but, something just seems a bit ‘off’ with the whole Tron scene at the moment.
    Well, I’ll keep an eye on it. Don’t have a lot of money invested, maybe I can get out without too much pain.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    -
    Dont worry; I’m holding ARN and it quickly came crashing back down like the others.