Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Plum colored 73 Honda 750 bought in 74

2. Member
    I had 13 Harley’s and 2 Honda’s. My last 4 bikes were HD Screamin Eagles. However my best looking bike was the 2003 HD Road King Classic....2003 Anniversary model. That silver and black totally chromed was simply stunning.
    Last edited by cape cod basser; 02-10-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    I had 13 Harley’s and 2 Honda’s. My last 4 bikes were HD Screamin Eagles. However my best looking bike was the 2003 HD Road King Classic....2003 Anniversary model. That silver and black totally chromed was simply stunning.
    Love that paint Scheme as well.. Always gravitate towards one when I see it...
    https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mc...489761283.html
    Last edited by cape cod basser; 02-10-2018 at 03:03 PM.

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    To me their kinda like boats. Two happiest times of ownership is the day you purchase and the day you sell it. Miss none of them. Really dig my 2017 Roadglide. My 02 low rider is pretty fun also. So don't miss any prior bikes.

5. Member
    What a coincidence seeing this thread today!

About 5 years ago I sold my baby...1986 Yamaha FZ750. It was in amazing condition and I said I'd only sell it to a older person that appreciated its heritage in the sport and wanted a collector bike. So no young guys looking to thrash it and intimately drop it. I ended up selling it to a guy about my age at the time, late 40's who bought it over the phone from the pictures I emailed him. He sent a Yamaha dealer with a trailer to pick it up. I was sad but relieved it was going to a good home. Well, he called me out of the blue yesterday! He spent the last 5 years putting it in and out of the shop getting things redone...new tires, chain, suspension seals, gel battery, etc. He even found a set of original pipes in the US to replace the Hindle 4-1. Over the 5 years he put a whopping 1.5 miles on it!!
    Now due to health reasons, he's going to sell it and decided to look me up. He knew I struggled with selling it and wanted to offer it back to me. He said he'd sell it back for what he paid plus the value of the parts he added(no labour as the dealer did all the work). Oh boy I'm torn!!! How often do you get the chance to buy your stuff back??!! Help!! lol
    Here she is before I sold it...

Yep. Buy it back and enjoy it all over again...

1993 Honda CR250R. I bought it used but it only had three hours on it. It was fast, lightweight, and fun as hell to ride!

8. Banned
    1973 Kawasaki 500 2-stroke triple. Nuff said.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post

Same color as my 500, but it still had the factory pipes.

Nice!

11. Member
    KZ650 Kerker headers recarbed bad to the bone!
    Oh heck who am i kidding, I am too old now to ride like that. I am in the slower cruiser mode now. LOL

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    I always think about a small RD Yamaha 350 I had that was fun as heck to ride. Top speed was low but getting there will make you smile. I actually took my Motorcycle license test on it with Basanni pipes and drag bars....
    I had a RD 350 too. Lots of fun.

13. Member
    Honda CB 900C,

Quote Originally Posted by grimsbylander View Post
    What a coincidence seeing this thread today!

About 5 years ago I sold my baby...1986 Yamaha FZ750. It was in amazing condition and I said I'd only sell it to a older person that appreciated its heritage in the sport and wanted a collector bike. So no young guys looking to thrash it and intimately drop it. I ended up selling it to a guy about my age at the time, late 40's who bought it over the phone from the pictures I emailed him. He sent a Yamaha dealer with a trailer to pick it up. I was sad but relieved it was going to a good home. Well, he called me out of the blue yesterday! He spent the last 5 years putting it in and out of the shop getting things redone...new tires, chain, suspension seals, gel battery, etc. He even found a set of original pipes in the US to replace the Hindle 4-1. Over the 5 years he put a whopping 1.5 miles on it!!
    Now due to health reasons, he's going to sell it and decided to look me up. He knew I struggled with selling it and wanted to offer it back to me. He said he'd sell it back for what he paid plus the value of the parts he added(no labour as the dealer did all the work). Oh boy I'm torn!!! How often do you get the chance to buy your stuff back??!! Help!! lol
    Here she is before I sold it...

If you have the means, buy it back and enjoy. Awesome bike!

My beloved Yamaha FZR600. I had a good friend who was an awesome mechanic. We modified that bike to the absolute limit. Every part that could be replaced with a lighter part was swapped. Massive engine modifications were performed. I had as much money in the mods. as I did in the original purchase price. She would absolutely fly, but we set it up for acceleration more than top end speed. I rode it like I stole it. When my first child was born, I promised I would slow down, but I did not. When the second child was born, I sold the bike. I knew full well if I straddled the seat, the throttle was getting twisted wide open. It was a sad day when I sold it, but the right decision.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

16. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Yep. 1975 was the last year for the 3 cylinder 2 stroke Kawasakis. I bought a 1975 750 2-stroke triple new and that thing was scary..Wish I still had it

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Plum colored 73 Honda 750 bought in 74
    Had the same bike different year, think 78.. A beast of a bike especially with a rebuild to an 836.. had a few other mods including a new paint job.. Sold it before heading into the service..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

18. Banned
    GS1100 Suzuki One of the first of the real hot rods in a straight line.

Had a young daughter to protect. Since got my jollies on Sea Doos, Waverunners and ATVs.

My very first bike with balloon tires, butterfly handle bars, and a banana seat. Man, I was proud of that bike.

20. Member
    2000 RM 250

CBR600f2
    Mike

In Memory of Michael
    Fantastic Father and Loving Son
    A true man at 23 years old

"What was once a great country has been mortgaged and bankrupted by the egos and ethics of career politicians."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast