Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Solix Update 3.110 and Base Map

I didn’t see this posted yet

New update for Solix 3.110 and a second update for the new base map
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Installed on my two units working great!

Quote Originally Posted by OSP View Post
    Installed on my two units working great!
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Nice. Low Q chirp transducer. Is the problem with shallow depths now fixed for autochart live?

ONIX units got the same update version, BUT the downloaded file title states SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Banned
    basemap shows 7/5/2017 though. must be the same basemap as helix they just added support for the solix

yea

Fixed an issue where repeatedly Maximizing and Normalizing any pane on any view that included a DI pane would cause DI to fail to display for 10-15 seconds and subsequently cause several system performance issues until the DI pane recovered

these are interesting

FishSmart 2.0 Support – FishSmart has been improved with a new look, improved chart navigation, and two huge new features:
    You can now pair your smartphone with your SOLIX unit to download software updates directly onto internal hard-drive of the paired unit’s control head. You can also download software updates for additional units in your network by downloading files onto an SD card inside the paired unit. Once you have done that, you simply insert the SD card into your other unit(s) to update the software.
    With your phone paired to your SOLIX, you can purchase and download high definition LakeMaster maps from ChartSelect directly onto an SD card inserted in control head. LakeMaster maps from ChartSelect can be purchased via the FishSmart app with or without a ChartSelect account, but we advise customers to sign-up for a ChartSelect account and link it to your FishSmart app via the app’s System menu. LakeMaster maps on ChartSelect can be found at www.chartselect.humminbird.com.

problem is the fishsmart app hasn't been updated yet

Dual Spectrum CHIRP MEGA DI Transducer Support – The new MEGA DI transducers can be connected to – and are fully supported by – SOLIX MEGA SI and SOLIX models. These transducers, available as an add-on accessory, come in both transom mount and trolling motor mount versions and feature MEGA Down Imaging and a low-q high frequency CHIRP element for more defined fish marks.
    710271-1 XM 14 20 MDI T Transom Mount MDI Transducer
    710272-1 XTM 14 20 MDI T Trolling Motor MDI Transducer
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 01-15-2018 at 07:05 AM.

7. Member
    Just a heads up for Onix users, this update does not work. I downloaded it from my hummingbird and extracted the files to my SD card. The update is not recognized. I looked at the file names and renamed solix-unified-app-r3.110.upd to unified-app-r3.110.upd and it would show up as an update. Tried to run it but it said that it was not for an onix. I thought I may have bricked my head unit but after cycling the power it booted up fine. Hopefully hummingbird sorts this out and doesn't leave the onix users behind.

8. Banned
    its not a onix update is it?

It is a SOLIX update put in ONIX accounts.
    Already passed it on to HB.

10. Banned
    ooops

11. Banned
    so whos tried it. i cant update till this weekend

12. Member
    Dry doc installed. More undocumented options to figure out. Overlay will be great as soon as I figure them out. Totally adjustable Location(left or right -top or bottom)as well as 2 sizes and 2 "color" choices(black or white). Lots more to find and figure out. Great weather for staying inside to learn here. Bob
    Note: I must apologize to HB. There is a good explanation of the operation in the data overlay use in the release document. Kudos to the documentation people!
    Last edited by bobcoy; 01-16-2018 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Note:/apology

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Dry doc installed. More undocumented options to figure out. Overlay will be great as soon as I figure them out. Totally adjustable Location(left or right -top or bottom)as well as 2 sizes and 2 "color" choices(black or white). Lots more to find and figure out. Great weather for staying inside to learn here. Bob
    Touch an overlay number until you get a menu, then touch the symbol at the center top to get the readout position settings.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Starting to get it but am still a little weak on what shows up where on particular multi screen views and how it relates to single views or when the custom view is used. I am a bit slow when I cant read an explanation at times.( I am old). Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Starting to get it but am still a little weak on what shows up where on particular multi screen views and how it relates to single views or when the custom view is used. I am a bit slow when I cant read an explanation at times.( I am old). Bob
    Now there is one set of readouts on a page regardless of how many views you have per page---- a four panel view will have one set of readouts. You pick which readouts to have in the vertical line and where to put that line of readouts. There may be another option, but that is how I set mine up.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I understand now. Each view can have one data overlay no matter how many panes. It all makes sense to me now. Slow but sure eventually gets it done. I was trying to get my single pane setup to appear when I extended from multi pane view. Bob
    Note: I need to pay attention to my motto (rtfm). In this case the full release notes on" MY HB".
    Last edited by bobcoy; 01-16-2018 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Clear head in the morning!

17. Member
    Last edited by Bunkkah; 01-15-2018 at 11:59 PM.

18. Member
    I'm new to Humminbird but just put 2 Solix 15's on my boat. I assume I need to do this update but the only computers I own are Macs. Is there a way for me to get the update? With my Garmin I just bought the update cards from them.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBobinMO View Post
    I'm new to Humminbird but just put 2 Solix 15's on my boat. I assume I need to do this update but the only computers I own are Macs. Is there a way for me to get the update? With my Garmin I just bought the update cards from them.
    Same here, you can use someone else computer. It doesn't take long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post
    Same here, you can use someone else computer. It doesn't take long at all.
    Is a MAC incapable of doing file downloads?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast