Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Per Humminbird
    If you have a poor connection speed or choose not to wait the time required to download the files, we offer a pre-loaded SD card that includes software update 3.110 and the Humminbird Basemap for $24.99 .

Those with ONIX units have a message in your account concerning the 3.110 software version and then a description of what it will be:

Description:
    CODE FOR 3.110 WILL BE ADDED BY JANUARY 31, 2018. Below are the changes for version 3.110
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    If ever I waited to download an update--this is it. -19F....I will wait and see how this one play out a bit.....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Is a MAC incapable of doing file downloads?

it can download but HB site says need PC/windows. Thought I read somewhere it's not Mac compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBobinMO View Post
    it can download but HB site says need PC/windows. Thought I read somewhere it's not Mac compatible.
    That is for the HumminbirdPC software which is waypoint management on a computer. The unit software is the unit name in your account, that goes on a memory card to load to the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Banned
    gonna test these. so happy they finally made a low q real chirp transducer. problem is i cant find them

Dual Spectrum CHIRP MEGA DI Transducer Support – The new MEGA DI transducers can be connected to – and are fully supported by – SOLIX MEGA SI and SOLIX models. These transducers, available as an add-on accessory, come in both transom mount and trolling motor mount versions and feature MEGA Down Imaging and a low-q high frequency CHIRP element for more defined fish marks.
    710271-1 XM 14 20 MDI T Transom Mount MDI Transducer
    710272-1 XTM 14 20 MDI T Trolling Motor MDI Transducer

7. Member
    A Mac will work just fine. I used my MacBook pro for the 3.110 update and basemap. Just download the file and put it on the sd card per the instructions. Works great.

8. Member
    How are you guys informed of available updates. if I hadn't been lurking around here, wouldn't have known!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    We check our My Humminbird accounts now and then.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    We check our My Humminbird accounts now and then.
    I just went and checked mine and saw no notification of the available update. Where should I look for it for future reference?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    Click on Solix inside the section with the Solix Pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I just went and checked mine and saw no notification of the available update. Where should I look for it for future reference?
    Once you login you will see your unit or units
    In the box for each unit you will see

Model:
    Serial #:
    Purchase Date:

Then you will see

Downloads:

Under this is the link or links to downloads available for your unit
    Click on it and see what version is available
    Now you need to know what version you are running to know if this is a new update
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    A “notification” is not in your account, the software is.

Most get an email sometime after the software release notifying about new software. As Bobcoy stated, some check their account often enough to know about new releases when they happen.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Does the new 3.110 software include the base line maps or do I still have to load the humminbird base map 1.051 ? In other words I loaded the 3.110 software and have not loaded the 1.051 base map.
    2020 Warrior 1890 Tiller 90hp Mercury 4stroke
    Apex 19 Mega si. Solix 1-15 si, Solix 2-15 si, Terova iLink, Mega 360, Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by N9Phil View Post
    Does the new 3.110 software include the base line maps or do I still have to load the humminbird base map 1.051 ? In other words I loaded the 3.110 software and have not loaded the 1.051 base map.
    Yes, you have to download/install the basemap file if you want it. The software prepares the unit for the basemap installation. Two separate files.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Is a MAC incapable of doing file downloads?
    Your right Wayne, I was thinking of the humminbird pc. My b

17. Member
    When does the low q chirp transducer come to stores?

18. Banned
    thats what im trying to find out

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    As those on this thread know, the Solix V3.110 update as of 1/13/18 is now available for download on the Humminbird Select site. As has also been stated, this update now allows the Solix to work with the new 1.051 Basemap update. From the instructions, it sounds like you can download this 3.110 Solix update and the 1.051 Basemap update, put the files on the same SD card, and then boot the Solix with that SD card inserted to do both updates. First the Solix update will be performed then, after it reboots from the update, you go to the "Files" menu and select the "Basemap" update file. The Basemap update will then be completed as a second step.

I won't be able to check this out for a few weeks but would be interested in how the update goes for others. I'm also anxious to see the new Basemap.

The instructions indicate this also applies to the Onix and ION units as well. I also have an Onix 10 SI Combo Touch which I'm getting ready to list for sale on eBay (replaced it with my new Solix 15 SI) but it isn't showing up under my Onix software updates yet. I think there has been a delay in posting the Onix update.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    As those on this thread know, the Solix V3.110 update as of 1/13/18 is now available for download on the Humminbird Select site. As has also been stated, this update now allows the Solix to work with the new 1.051 Basemap update. From the instructions, it sounds like you can download this 3.110 Solix update and the 1.051 Basemap update on the same SD card and then boot the Solix with that SD card inserted to do both updates. First the Solix update will be performed then, after it reboots from the update, you go to the "Files" menu and select the "Basemap" update file. The Basemap update will then be completed as a second step.

I won't be able to check this out for a few weeks but would be interested in how the update goes for others. I'm also anxious to see the new Basemap.

The instructions indicate this also applies to the Onix and ION units as well. I also have an Onix 10 SI Combo Touch which I'm getting ready to list for sale on eBay but it isn't showing up under my Onix software updates yet. I think there has been a delay in posting the Onix update.
    The basemap is the non-HD version of what the Lakemaster region cards have. Sort of like what the Helix units got earlier, just has some different details.

The ONIX gets a different file but the same version numbers. That is not ready yet. READ post #22 in this thread.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast