Tempes Plus on a SHO?

Anyone running a Tempest Plus on a show? I have a 1999 ZX210C with a 2017 225 SHO that I'm looking for a spare prop for. Been watching for a 24 pitch T1/T2 or Turbo FXP/TXP but they don't show up often or ever, but notice there are always Tempest Plus's for sale. Currently running a 25 pitch T2 that I can turn to 5800-6000 but I really have to raise the motor to the point where I'm dropping water pressure. Thinking a 24 pitch would help, especially with a tourney load. Opinions appreciated.

2. Member
    A tempest will work but it will need work to perform like a t1. I run a 25p t1 and can spin a worked 26p tempest to the limiter.

For what it's worth to you. I have a 2002 Ranger 520 with a 17 225 SHO on it. I have a tempest plus 25 croxtonized on it and it runs to 5500-5600 rpm. I bought a 23 Tempest plus to break the engine in. Cuz I could'nt find an SHO prop. It ran to 6000 rpm. Since then I have purchased an Atlas JP and am planning to install this spring. I will sell the 23 and look for an SHO prop to work to 6000 rpm or so.
    i have been told that the SHO likes to run high and the larger diameter of the SHO prop helps it do just that. My tempest props have run well on my rig but I think I can dial it all in with the plate and an SHO prop. Time will tell

AK

I bought a Temp+ and ran it on my boat. It was 1 mph slower than my T1 and turned 100 more rpms and was one pitch higher. I sent it to Mark to be blue printed. It now runs 3mph faster than the T1 at the same rpms as the T1. I'm happy with it and Mark does some great work.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

5. Member
    The tempest runs really nice on a sho . But as stated above tempest will need work on it by a good prop smith to get the best out of it . Been running one on my SHO 250 and I have been very pleased with it . Fuel economy is very good with a tuned up tempest .

6. Member
    I have a Ranger Z119 with a 200hp Yamaha SHO. Manual jackplate. I ran a 25p T1 and a 25 Tempest Plus.. Both props were too large, as I cannot break 5500 rpm no matter where I set the jackplate or distribute load, but I will tell you that they both turned the exact same RPM (5500) and I had my Tach calibrated by the dealer and fuel delivery is operating perfectly as indicated by a butterfly that is opening slightly passed the indicator. The Tempest Plus ran my boat about 2-3 mph faster that my T1 did. I'm not sure how, considering the Tempest is supposed to be a smaller diameter, but that was what I saw. Maybe I was getting slightly higher RPM from the Tempest such that I couldn't really tell on a non digital Tach. The only thing that could have possibly impacted my results, are that Yamaha replaced my powerhead in early 2017. I broke-in the motor in February, so I was running the T1 on a newly broken in motor until about May, and then the Tempest Plus was ran after the motor was broken in a bit further I suppose from June through November. My boat is a different hull than yours, but my experience is pretty damn well validated. Lots of opinions on BBC that are guesswork.

7. Member
    I ran a 26 tempest plus on my 250 sho. Good lift and ran great but a little slower than my 25 Fury. Still looking for a mythical 25 t1 but after a year no luck.

I run two Tempest Plus props on my ZX225. I have a 25 and 26p that I swap out depending on the load. They both run great, and make the boat easier to drive than the T-1.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    I ran a 26 tempest plus on my 250 sho. Good lift and ran great but a little slower than my 25 Fury. Still looking for a mythical 25 t1 but after a year no luck.
    What boat did you run the 25 Fury/SHO combo on??....Sounds like you liked it

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

10. Member
    Triton 20 TRX. I'm going to send it to Mark. My Fury runs good but doesn't carry a load well.

11. Member
    lee look for a new T2 prop not an old T1. T1's turn into door stops.

12. Member
    People are still saying the T2,s are slower. I will probably just get this Tempest worked

13. Member
    Md Tritn, what kind of numbers have you gotten from your t2.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    People are still saying the T2,s are slower. I will probably just get this Tempest worked
    One t-2 is slower, the next is faster. Stock props aren't even out of the box and the sho's are no exception

15. Member
    I finally ran a 25 t2 today. Spins up super fast. Got to speed in no time. I didn't like the way it handled and speed was pretty much the same as the Fury. I think I will probably stick with the Fury.