Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    ...I have been watching the blue tooth feature develop but I don't think it is user friendly enough for me, yet. You still have to have a remote interface to connect it to your phone or other device so you usually have this hanging around your neck. However, I expect this to continue to evolve so it works like a mobile phone ear bud.
    It's getting there. Starkey has a pretty good setup with the iPhone without needing a remote interface, but still trying to get it refined for Android as it still requires a remote (which is about the size of a business card and fits easily in your pocket). I demoed the remote for a couple of weeks with my Android phone, pretty amazing device, however it's not 100% perfect yet so I turned it back in rather than buying as it had some issues staying connected.

The Surflink Mobile 2 is what I demoed. Very cool in that you can have conversations through your hearing aids (acts as both receiver and microphone, so totally hands-free calling), but my favorite was streaming music through my hearing aids, could turn the phone on Pandora at work and have music going all day and anytime someone would talk the music would soften to where I could hear them. Very cool tool, but like I said it's not quite there yet as it had a little bit of connectivity issues.

https://www.starkey.com/hearing-aids...urflink-mobile

Hearing aids today are almost like computers, as soon as you buy a pair they are almost immediately obsolete.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    All of you saying they were no help, did you actually work with the fitter to get them dialed in? These things aren't a plug and play item. It can take weeks of tuning to get them set properly. Noone likes to hear the way the computer initially sets them up according to your test. That's just a starting point.
    Yes, I went weekly for the first 6 months... Yes, I went weekly for the first 6 months... Yes, I went weekly for the first 6 months... Yes, I went weekly for the first 6 months... Just in case you didn't hear me the first time... Dan

3. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Yes, I went weekly for the first 6 months.
    6 months and couldn't get them dialed in? I see 1 of 4 possibilities.

1. You were unable to communicate your issues so the programmer could address them.
    2. The programmer didn't know what to do with your feedback to make the proper adjustments.
    3. They ordered the wrong type or power for your hearing loss.
    4. You have an unaidable hearing loss.

I shopped around for my wife and Costco beat them all , 90 day try if you don't like bring them back, they don't stock pile like some stores so they can sell at a reduce rate.

5. Member
    I HAD A PAIR FOR 5 YEARS WENT BAD WHO NEEDS'EM!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    6 months and couldn't get them dialed in? I see 1 of 4 possibilities.

1. You were unable to communicate your issues so the programmer could address them.
    2. The programmer didn't know what to do with your feedback to make the proper adjustments.
    3. They ordered the wrong type or power for your hearing loss.
    4. You have an unaidable hearing loss.
    I'm going with #4... That's 6 months with the first pair... The second set I actually canceled my visit to the audiologist when the last one was lost in the drink... My tinnitus is terrible, the cricket and tree frogs (best way I can describe the sound) inside my ears is about a 7 outa 10 on the volume dial that's my biggest problem... I can hear them standing next to heavy equipment... I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving hearing aid a try but just know that for some it's not a solution... Dan

7. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    I'm going with #4... I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving hearing aid a try but just know that for some it's not a solution... Dan
    I wasn't joking when I gave that option either. Some people can't be helped for one reason or another. Many people go into aids with their expectations set too high too. They will not make you hear like you're 18 again. For most, it's about picking up lost frequencies. Some need high frequencies in background noise. Some have a dead ear and new technology allows an aid to be fitted to that ear and it transmits the signal to be heard in the aid in the good ear. Some are in a nursing home and just need an amplifier to make everything LOUD. The best candidate for aids is someone with a mild to moderate loss. Those are where the high end, multi channel, programmable aids shine. The ones with profound loss just need a high powered amplifier

8. Member
    My grandfather went about a month ago. They started at 3500.00 and went up to 7k. He stopped at cvs and picked up a set they have over the counter. He thinks those are just as good. But I'm getting tired of people looking at me like I'm a a$$hole for screaming at a old man in public. Man I wish he would get them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I'm on my 3rd pair.

1st pair $3300
    2nd pair $6600
    present pair --$1600.00. COSTCO ----- And these have been the best ones

And COSTCO's testing was more detailed then my audiologist
    X@

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    I also bought a pair from Costco a year ago. Mine were also around $1600.00. This included the hearing test and setup and a 3 year warranty. They can be controlled from an app on my phone.

As as long as I maintain a Costco membership I can get them cleaned anytime I'm there and and hearing test and reprogramming are free. A pack of 48 batteries are also less than $9.00
    Mine are from costco also. About $2900 for mine. I think I was upsold, LOL. They have been great.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123