Old Model Legend Boats circa 1990's

My first recollection of Legend boats was in the early 1990s and they appeared to be a knockoff of a Bullet hull but not as good fit and finish. Those were made in Montgomery according to the mfg. rating plate.

They were fast though just never caught on here as Bullet and Allison were the choice for top performance. Had some Lasers, Norris Craft and a few Strokers among the fast crowd.

The current Legend boats are beautiful well executed boats but rare in this area of the country.

That’s a completely different boat company. Not affiliated with today’s Legend brand at all.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

3. Member
    Had a feeling that the only thing in common was the name.

The new ones are a huge upgrade.

4. Member
    No in the 90's legend were vipers,Cobras and Hawks then legend , they were a splash of a ranger 400 series hull

5. Member
    ARE THE HULLS STILL GOOD

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Hawk Boats, by John Storie (Champion founder) was purchased by Randy Qualls and became Legend. Hawk started in 97 and the last models were 2000. Legend's first year shows to be 2003 with the LE series (LE186, LE195 & LE21), which I would assume to be very close to Hawk although they didn't have a 186, they did have a Super 1950 and Super 2100. There is really no relation to the Viper/Cobra other than John Storie did some design work on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanb64 View Post
    ARE THE HULLS STILL GOOD
    Like any other used boat, if they've been well maintained, I wouldn't be afraid of them at all. In fact, after I sold my Champion 201, the 211 was on my short list (3 boats) when I came across the Champion 210 I have now. The only things that are proprietary to Legend, plastic panels and the such can be found. There is a BBC member on the Champion board and FB that can 3D print panels. Hardware is 3rd party. The only thing that I'm not sure of are the digital electronics (Omnibus) controllers. Randy may could give some input on if they are available and how to procure them. I wouldn't hesitate at all though getting a V series Legend, but I'm uniquely qualified to replace the digital system with a rocker switch system.