Spinning tackle for bass fishing

I think I am going to buy two setups this year. One to keep on the boat for novice use. I want a rig for t rigs for a guest to use. I am inexperienced with spinning setups except for pitching slipfloat rigs for crappie with cheap rods.

I am thinking about a 6-6 to 7-0 medium fast action rod for this. The other combo I would like to have to throw small jerkbaits.

I am thinking about buying a 3 piece travel rod for one of these. Fenwick methods or similar.

What size and action would be good for the jerkbait. 6-6 medium fast?

What sized reel for these? 2500? Any advantages to front drag or rear drag?

If I wanted braid for the t rig what size line do I want? Using 3/16 ounce weights normally.
    Last edited by Transom; 01-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Front drag seems to be smoother than rear drag, hard to beat a fleuger president for the money, size 2500 is alright. 7' 10#
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I have always used both Spinning and casting rods in my boat
    It was the way I learned
    I use spinning for rubber, Texas rigs and small/light weight baits
    Casting for crank baits, spinner baits & Carolina rigs

I have 2 rods rigged for lightweight rubber such as grubs
    I use 2000 series reels and 8 pound line

The majority of my rods use the 2500 size reels and I vary the line from 10-14 depending on time of year and location
    I prefer matched sets of each weight and carry 6-8 spinning rigs and 6-8 casting rods

Front drag is smoother and is supposed to cause less twist

I prefer co-polymer line and flouro over braid on my spinning rigs

I am using Daiwa Tatula LT spinning reels and will be switching all of my reels over to them
    Smooth & Light
    Great reels!
    Last edited by AreTheyBiting; 01-14-2018 at 09:40 PM. Reason: addendum

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

A great bang for the buck spinning rod is the Fenwick Elite Tech Bass line. I have a new 7'4" Medium XFast and put a Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500 reel on it. I plan on using it for shakey heads, jigs, and minnow type lures. I have not yet fished it (too damn cold right now), but can tell you that it is very sensitive, light, and though the tip is extra fast, it has plenty of backbone in the lower 2/3 rds of the rod. The tag that came on the rod recommended it for Jerk Baits, but I see it as a very versatile rod/reel combo. I plan on using 10lb Tatsu flourocarbon line on it. My other spinning rods are St. Croix Avid 7' ML paired with a Shimano Sustain 2500 reel for drop shots and another 7' St. Croix Premier Medium Fast paired with another Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500. I have an older Fenwick Golden Wing 5'9" Medium with an older Symetre that I use for sliders.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80