Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

Kong island

Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    I cut cable out so I didn't see it. Anyone know where this was?
    It is main duck island...21 minutes ( on my DVR) in the show you can see Yorkshire island and the point leading to it from main duck. That with the other clips of shorelines confirms that it is definitely main duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Attachment 309637

My guess....
    Nope. North of the Border. Main Duck Island. You'll need a Canadian License, don't know about a passport, and a boat that can handle water that can turn really bad in a heart beat.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    an absolute must to cross the border is a passport. In fact, once these new REal ID licenses come out I would still carry the passport just in case. They are tough and don't mess around.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

You don't need a passport to fish Canadian water just the appropriate fishing license. They passed the law, last year I think, that you can fish Canadian waters without having to call and go through customs AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ANCHOR, ORUSE YOUR POWER POLE OR TALONS. If you do that then you better have called and have a passport on you. If you are just fishing or boating then no worries.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    You don't need a passport to fish Canadian water just the appropriate fishing license. They passed the law, last year I think, that you can fish Canadian waters without having to call and go through customs AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ANCHOR, ORUSE YOUR POWER POLE OR TALONS. If you do that then you better have called and have a passport on you. If you are just fishing or boating then no worries.

spot on. If you anchor or dock, you need a passport. If you’re fishing and don’t anchor, a drivers license and appropriate fishing license is fine. If you fish the 1000 islands at all especially during BFLs, the tournament director makes this very clear. And I’ve also worked on the Ogdensburg Prescott bridge (international bridge connecting to Canada) so much the border patrol knew us by name since we had to check in every day. I’ve asked them the same thing and they all said a passport and customs check in is only necessary if you’re anchored or docked on Canadian land.

If you get caught anchoring without calling customs, better have cash on hand So the boat doesnt get impounded.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12