Help me find a rod

Ive sold several rods lately and im looking to try something new. Im a junkie for trying new rods. I currently use NRX's for bottom contact baits so thats what im
    comparing to. Id like to have something 7'3-7'6 in a mh for throwing tx rigs with a 3/8 weight. I prefer split grip but thats not a necessity. Absolutely no micro guides which puts the alx and hammer rods out although the hammer intrigued me. I looked at maybe an orochi xx emtf. Anybody think of anything im missing? Ive used the dobyns top of tge line and was less than impressed
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    The orchi emtf has micros also

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacks View Post
    Yes it does but it is still a great rod for just about anything.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacks View Post

Didnt know that, thanks. I dont hate the micros but when you fish in the winter they freeze up so bad you cant use them

Megabass F5-75X Javelin is worthy of consideration here. Despite the description as a long distance treble bait rod, it's more than capable with jigs up to 3/8 oz, 5" Senko, is versatile enough to toss a 6XD or a 1/2 oz spinner bait, and is really an incredibly versatile, light, sensitive rod with Titanium framed SiC guides... great stick, in stock at The Tackle Trap!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Megabass F5-75X Javelin is worthy of consideration here. Despite the description as a long distance treble bait rod, it's more than capable with jigs up to 3/8 oz, 5" Senko, is versatile enough to toss a 6XD or a 1/2 oz spinner bait, and is really an incredibly versatile, light, sensitive rod with Titanium framed SiC guides... great stick, in stock at The Tackle Trap!
    Im usually throwing a 10" worm with a 3/8 weight thatd push the total weight well over 3/8 so im afraid it would be under powered. Also if its designed for treble hook baits wouldnt it be a little slow compared to the jwr nrx's im used to

What about the new Loomis conquest
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

8. Member
    Build yourself a custom Zbone on the Kistler site

9. Banned
    Im really liking these... I got rid of all my old rods and have 17-18 of these now.

https://www.fxcustomrods.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Im usually throwing a 10" worm with a 3/8 weight thatd push the total weight well over 3/8 so im afraid it would be under powered. Also if its designed for treble hook baits wouldnt it be a little slow compared to the jwr nrx's im used to
    You're looking for something different than the NRX, and high end. Yes, the action is slower, but still effective with single hook baits up to 3/8 oz. For a deep water 10" worm rod, it's pushing the limits, but it is strong medium heavy.

The new Conquest 904 is another candidate, but again, the action is different and it's a heavy power. If you want to be as close to NRX as possible, the 894 is an ideal rod for what you're doing there because the medium heavy 893 is over powered with a big worm and 3/8 oz...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Ive sold several rods lately and im looking to try something new. Im a junkie for trying new rods. I currently use NRX's for bottom contact baits so thats what im
    comparing to. Id like to have something 7'3-7'6 in a mh for throwing tx rigs with a 3/8 weight. I prefer split grip but thats not a necessity. Absolutely no micro guides which puts the alx and hammer rods out although the hammer intrigued me. I looked at maybe an orochi xx emtf. Anybody think of anything im missing? Ive used the dobyns top of tge line and was less than impressed
    We don't use a micro guide. We use a midmicro - which is only 1mm smaller than what you are used to. We're also able to build one with larger guides if you really want that. It's a perk of actually building our own rods and not outsourcing to someone else. No reason to miss out!

12. Member
    Phenix K2

You said you like the NRX, have you considered the Phenix K2? I love my NRX rods. I personally don't think there is a better rod out there. However, the K2 makes it hard for me to say the NRX is the best rod out there. These rods are incedible!

13. Member
    What about the megabass FMJ?

i think your 873 and 894 are about as a perfect setup for that.

Quote Originally Posted by UkCatsBasser View Post
    What about the megabass FMJ?

i think your 873 and 894 are about as a perfect setup for that.
    The FMJ is phenomenal, but it's a true Heavy powered jig/worm type rod. The OP was asking for a longer MH rod for a 3/8 oz weight and a 10" worm. There aren't a whole lot of rods considered "medium heavy", 7'3" to 7'6", that are nearly on the level of NRX/US Destroyer Megabass that could get that done within those specs. I'm with you though, the NRX 873 CRR is about as ideal a choice as one could make for those specs, though it fishes much more like a "heavy" than a MH in my hands...

15. Member
    ALX, Enox line! Great rod. Great company built in the USA!