Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question Kentucky and Barkley ramps - closed during last government shutdown?

Trying to remember what happened the last time the government shut down. Were ramps blockaded? Was LBL blockaded as well? Was it illegal to be on the lake? Were any closures enforced since all federal employees and officers were at home?

Pretty strong chance right now that the government will be shut down next weekend, wanting to be on Barkley next weekend and trying to plan ahead just in case.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Some corps ramps were closed on some lakes. State park and private ramps as well as the lakes were open.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I was down there on a night fishing trip and we usually put in at smith bay but couldn’t get there becuz the lbl entrance on the trace was blocked off.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

Best I remember, after 9/11 all waterway were declared off limits, government was afraid terriorst would put chemicals in them to destroy our water supply. Here in Christian County, all watershed lakes were closed for at least two years. Don’t remember exactly how long the big lakes remained closed. I don’t think they blocked off all the ramps but did some

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Best I remember, after 9/11 all waterway were declared off limits, government was afraid terriorst would put chemicals in them to destroy our water supply. Here in Christian County, all watershed lakes were closed for at least two years. Don’t remember exactly how long the big lakes remained closed. I don’t think they blocked off all the ramps but did some
    I don't remember anything like that.

Yes. Immediately after the planes took out the World Trade Center

7. Banned
    Yes. Immediately after the planes took out the World Trade Center
    I fished a two day tournament on Cland that weekend. I'm sure I prefished thurs and fri as well.

The only other time that I remember Ky/Barkley being closed was during the flood

9. Banned
    Well that was 9/11, not a government shutdown like we might see this weekend.

In the days after 9/11 there was a buffer zone around the dam on KY and Barkley, couldn't be within maybe a half mile or so. I got pulled over by water patrol for being too close as I had no idea it was in place.

10. Banned
    From what I've gathered, LBL will be closed along with all the ramps in it.

Corps ramps on Barkley probably will have barricades, but it sounds like bypassing them won't be an issue.

So what’s a government shut down have to do with the ramps at the lake. When was the other one in the past? If there was another one I don’t remember it

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    So what’s a government shut down have to do with the ramps at the lake. When was the other one in the past? If there was another one I don’t remember it
    Maybe because government operates LBL and the ramps.
    nothing else matters.​

I’ve never seen any government official at any ramp on or off LBL since the Forestry Dept took over other than at Piney and Hillmans Ferry

I’ve never seen any government official at any ramp on or off LBL since the Forestry Dept took over other than at Piney and Hillmans Ferry

15. Banned
    Well I certainly have. They are out there, and always watching. They also like to do roadblocks to check for permits and such from time to time.

As for a shutdown, the last government shutdown was in the fall of 2013, from Oct. 1st through Oct. 17th.

16. Banned

I still don’t remember any ramps being shut down on Ky/Barkley. I have a tournament the first Sat of the month from March - November and they have been going on since the 70’s. We have never had to cancel for any ramp closures

18. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I still don’t remember any ramps being shut down on Ky/Barkley. I have a tournament the first Sat of the month from March - November and they have been going on since the 70’s. We have never had to cancel for any ramp closures
    COE operated ramps were closed on both lakes about a week after the shutdown happened. But I doubt you were running a tournament out of any of them. Most ramps are private or state operated and wouldn't have been affected.
    nothing else matters.​

19. Banned
    I wish I could remember if Fenton was barricaded or not, since it's an LBL ramp. I want to say that it was as I seem to remember a lot of people complaining about the crowd and lack of parking at Kenlake.

Also can't recall if the ramps at Buzzard Rock, Kuttawa, or Eddy Creek were closed, all Corps ramps.

20. Banned
    Energy campground was closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast