Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Big Bass Tour - Harris Chain - Feb 3-4

Looking forward to this one in a big way! We crank up the 2018 Big Bass Tour on Harris Chain in just a few weeks! Here's the link for all prizes, payouts and registration information.

https://bigbasstour.com/tournaments/...-chain-florida

Hope to see everyone soon!

2. Member
    Love to hear from those who have done this before. Pros and Cons

3. Member
    It's a blast. The day flies by. My advice to you is get to the ramp extremely early and get out to your fishing spot then just wait til the start time.

4. Member
    If I’m reading correctly you catch the biggest bass then roll the dice on the hour you weigh in that your bass is the biggest? Once you weigh in win or lose can go go back out and try again ?

5. Banned
    Third year for me it is a blast,you can weigh in any time during the tx hours,any amount. Had some good 'uns on,just couldn't get 'em to the net. Hope our luck changes this year.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    If I’m reading correctly you catch the biggest bass then roll the dice on the hour you weigh in that your bass is the biggest? Once you weigh in win or lose can go go back out and try again ?
    Yea, you can weigh in a fish every hour if you want. You can also launch at any launch on the Harris Chain as well. The weigh in is at Hickory Point so you have to take trailer time into account as well. The tournament has a real time leaderboard website as well. So you can check it via your cell phone each hour.

7. Member
    Thank you.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. See you soon!

9. Member
    Sorry again for asking more. I promise I did some research online. In addition, asking in thread since others might have same questions. Can you take boat up to ramp at Hickory and weigh in so you do not have to trailer? For example.... If you are fishing Griffin and want to lock into Eustis to weigh-in then fish Eustis can you? I know I am complicating this, however, say someone caught a nice one in griffin early--to trailer back over to Hickory and weigh-in then head to another ramp could take the whole day up? I am guessing it is not a tournament of 8 hour grind rather catch the biggest fish and weigh it in at the correct hour and that is it. Again, sorry for questions it just confuses me. Thanks

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Yes you can boat up to Hickory Pt to weigh.. We put in at Venetian Gardens day 1 and fished Harris and Eustis, then (boated) to weigh in at Hickory Pt.. (Just keep that life vest on until the big motor turns off!! Im tellin ya!!) lol

11. Banned
    From Griffin to Hickory point by boat will take an hour if you don't get hung up at the lock (Closed from 12 to 1) . From Eustis to Hickory point allow half an hour. Where ever you put in at,you will have to go back to if you boat to weigh in. Lock opens at 7:30 I think ,to do what you want to do,put in a Griffin,fish load up ,trailer to Buzzard beach (5 min.) fish Eustis till about 2:30 or so then load up or run to Hickory if you have a weigher,loading up and driving would be about the same as boating. It would suck to be late to weigh in if you have a good fish. No matter where you start if you get a hawg early,you may want to load up and drive to Hickory,weigh in then just finish out the day on Harris. Still working on our strategy too Good luck.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phupduck View Post
    From Griffin to Hickory point by boat will take an hour if you don't get hung up at the lock (Closed from 12 to 1) . From Eustis to Hickory point allow half an hour. Where ever you put in at,you will have to go back to if you boat to weigh in. Lock opens at 7:30 I think ,to do what you want to do,put in a Griffin,fish load up ,trailer to Buzzard beach (5 min.) fish Eustis till about 2:30 or so then load up or run to Hickory if you have a weigher,loading up and driving would be about the same as boating. It would suck to be late to weigh in if you have a good fish. No matter where you start if you get a hawg early,you may want to load up and drive to Hickory,weigh in then just finish out the day on Harris. Still working on our strategy too Good luck.
    Thanks partner. Was down a month ago and enjoyed. Mother use to live in MT Dora and wish I fished the chain more. Thank you very much for the comments. For some reason just can’t wrap my head around the format. Maybe I’ll stick a 10 early weigh in and head baxk to couch.

I fished it on okeechobee and its a realy fun format. Pretty cool seeing the weights on your phone. Trying to decide when to weigh in is almost as hard as trying to catch 7 lber.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    No doubt, if you catch a "good" fish (In Griffin or Dora) just put the boat back on the trailer and drive over to Hickory and "play the game" on when you want to get paid..

The real struggle comes when you catch a 3-4 lbr.. "Will it pay or won't it? It did last year.. Is it worth giving up our spot? 1st hour should be good, nobody will weigh... Will they? Hmmm.. Lets wait till next hour, I bet everyone will have weighed their small fish! But what if everyone waits? We'll shit, it's 10 minutes till, time to decide!! Let's flip a coin!" <--- true story (And yes we gave up the spot and yes there were boats on it when we got back and NO we didn't get paid.) Fun times!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    No doubt, if you catch a "good" fish (In Griffin or Dora) just put the boat back on the trailer and drive over to Hickory and "play the game" on when you want to get paid..

The real struggle comes when you catch a 3-4 lbr.. "Will it pay or won't it? It did last year.. Is it worth giving up our spot? 1st hour should be good, nobody will weigh... Will they? Hmmm.. Lets wait till next hour, I bet everyone will have weighed their small fish! But what if everyone waits? We'll shit, it's 10 minutes till, time to decide!! Let's flip a coin!" <--- true story (And yes we gave up the spot and yes there were boats on it when we got back and NO we didn't get paid.) Fun times!!
    This was a good morning laugh. I really like that both fishing out of the boat are not on same team. I look forward to putting my partner on a fish or two. Good stuff.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post

That is so true. This will be my 3rd year fishing it. 2 years ago I only fished on Sunday. My partner and I weighed a fish in during 4 segments. We actually cashed a check during 2 of them. Last year we fished both days and sucked. Caught a ton of 1 to 3 pound fish. Nothing over 3.25lbs. This year I have a trail tournament on Saturday so we are back to just fishing the Big Bass Tournament on Sunday. We decided early any fish over 3.5 pounds gets weighed in. There is always and hour or 2 each day where a fish that size wins money.

17. Member
    Sounds like a fun weekend of fishing. May just try it this year.

18. Member
    Does the tournament organizers do POLY tests? Seems like a lot of moving parts for those who live un the unethical world to take advantage of.

19. Member
    Yes they do polygraphs.. especially if you win the boat...lol not sure how they determine who gets them.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by GamblerAl View Post
    Sounds like a fun weekend of fishing. May just try it this year.
    Hope to see you there!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast