Banned

Crestliner Basshawk

I looked at both the 1750 and 1850 at the boat show today. Pricing was $27,999 with a 115 and add $3k for a 150 4 stroke. The 1850 was the 4 seat version and with a 200 Optimax was $37,999. I was quite impressed. Only 2 things I didn't like was non locking storage compartments on both boats, and lack of leg room at the helm on the 1750 which only comes with 3 across seating. Both models are a nice upgrade from the mod v style as far as roominess.

If I had your Lund, I would not even be looking...LOL.
    That is a nice setup.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    That is a nice setup.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    That is a nice setup.
    Appreciate the compliment.
    Was just passing the time on a 12* day here in Chicago. I looked at the ProV bass models as well and still like my set up better. Just thinking out loud, if I were in the market for a 17-18ft boat, the Basshawk would be near the top of my list. A superior setup to the Ranger V hulls in my opinion. As far as the mod v's, Lund and G3 had the nicest layouts. Alumacraft had the nicest looking trailers. No matter what, I can't get past the wide gunwales they have on their v hulls. A huge waste of deck space for the storage nets. They didn't have a bass model on display.

5. Member
    A couple things I noticed in the pics, not sure I like the small compartment lids, like how the Lund pro v bass has large compartment lids, makes it easier to find things. Though maybe it's the picture but does the Basshawk carry the beam forward a bit more, or did it appear to be as large up front as the lund. Again wish our area had some of these boats.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 01-14-2018 at 07:07 PM.

6. Banned
    It's not as large up front. The storage compartments are deep but the storage layout is set up differently than the Lund. The pricing I mentioned in the original post was with no electronics and no trolling motor

7. Member
    Good info, it's a sharp rig

8. Member
    They are nice. Love a Deep Vee and its ride

9. Member
    The bass hawk is almost identical to my 1850 fish hawk Hull I have. Wish they had the fish hawk when i bought mine would have been an easy decision to get the bass hawk. I really liked the lay out and the 200 hp option. Mine has a merc 150 four stroke that will go just over 50 mph with just me can’t imagine how fast the 200 would go. Would be a really nice tin.

10. Member
    Did you get a chance to look at the 1875 Pro V Bass too? If so, what are your thoughts about the comparison? It looks like with the same options, the Lund runs about 3k-4k more. Is the Lund worth it in your opinion?

11. Banned
    The deck storage in the Lund wins it for me hands down, but my opinion is a little biased. The Crestliner does not have a pad hull and will more than likely not perform as well as the Lund. If I was shopping, as a guy who fishes alone most of the time, and wanted to keep the price around the $30k mark, I would choose this hull over the cookie cutter mod v hulls and get the 1750, a 150 4 stroke with the 3 across seating. If I wanted the XS version, I'd probably side with the Lund and pay the premium.

12. Member
    I like that the Bass Hawk and Fish Hawk both have the 0.125 gauge transom, but they drop back on the bottom (0.100) and side thickness (0.090). The PT 18 uses the 0.125 on the transom and 0.110 on side and the bottom. The PT 20 list 0.110 for transom, sides and bottom. I don't know that is a misprint or not but it is hard to believe that they use 0.125 on the other transoms and then go thinner on one rated for a 200 HP.

13. Member
    $28K-31K. As awesome as it looks. A tad rich for me. Maybe I'll find a used one in a few years. :(

14. Member
    I think the Pro V Bass 1875 ( and its bigger sibling) are the baddest on the planet. Lund did what Lund does! My only issue for me would be the rod storage. I would like to see it hold more rods. I talked to the factory and their rep was going to see if you can double up on the rods. I guess I carry to many rod, but I carry them for two anglers. If they can be doubled up that could easily be my next and final boat. And I would be okay with that.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnkamp View Post
    I think the Pro V Bass 1875 ( and its bigger sibling) are the baddest on the planet. Lund did what Lund does! My only issue for me would be the rod storage. I would like to see it hold more rods. I talked to the factory and their rep was going to see if you can double up on the rods. I guess I carry to many rod, but I carry them for two anglers. If they can be doubled up that could easily be my next and final boat. And I would be okay with that.
    My 1875 has 15 rod tubes, I carry 18 rods in mine currently, so I’m doubled up on 3. You could double up on everyone easily and carry 30. I use rods sleeves to keep them from rubbing together and it makes it a lot easier to get them out when then are two to a tube.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    The deck storage in the Lund wins it for me hands down, but my opinion is a little biased. The Crestliner does not have a pad hull and will more than likely not perform as well as the Lund. If I was shopping, as a guy who fishes alone most of the time, and wanted to keep the price around the $30k mark, I would choose this hull over the cookie cutter mod v hulls and get the 1750, a 150 4 stroke with the 3 across seating. If I wanted the XS version, I'd probably side with the Lund and pay the premium.
    Thanks for the insight, I have seen the Lund, but not the Crestliner.

I wonder if the rod organizer can be removed, that is the one thing I would do away with.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnkamp View Post
    I have 30 rods in the locker of my 2075 pro v bass. And three spinning rods in the passenger side slot storage. The tubes are large and the box is very deep. With rod socks I can put two in every tube.

18. Member
    blakesfav and Flicker1 thank you, that is the info I was looking for. I asked the factory and had not heard back from them. That is a gorgeous package. I live in MD and only have one place to look at one and that is about 4 hours away in PA. They do havew one in stock and I was planning on running up there to look at it when I could. Right now my doc has me "off my feet" after last weeks surgery.

My main reason for needed that many rods is I want to store both my rods and my wife's rods when we travel to places like Tennessee, Kentucky or Florida. I am blessed with a wife who is addicted to smallies, so she made me buy her our current boat and go to places like Dale Hollow and Center Hill and Eerie. Oh Well, life is tough!