Winterizing 250 pro xs

Going to be in south GA the next few months. Supposed to get under freezing during this coming week. Being from south FL I have never run into this problem. What do i need to do, or should I just make sure all the water is out and call it a day? Given that its only high 20s for the lows and not all the time.
    2012 Sterling
    2017 250xs Racing

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Trim the engine down over night so no water collects in the l/u and you will be fine. The drain plug is another story....pull the drain plug and let any water in bilge drain while towing back to room, let her drain while you eat supper, Chit, shower, shave etc....then before laying down for the night put the drain plug back in to avoid frozen water in the plug threads.....launch as usual without having to put the drain plug in....

3. Member
    Thanks
    2012 Sterling
    2017 250xs Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Trim the engine down over night so no water collects in the l/u and you will be fine. The drain plug is another story....pull the drain plug and let any water in bilge drain while towing back to room, let her drain while you eat supper, Chit, shower, shave etc....then before laying down for the night put the drain plug back in to avoid frozen water in the plug threads.....launch as usual without having to put the drain plug in....
    THIS^^^. I would also be sure that the livewell drains are open. The only potential problem is your water pressure gauge freezing. If you have an electronic gauge, you're OK. But, if you have a gauge that has a water line running to it, I would put a "T" int he line before you leave home. Then, open the "T" at the same time you pull the plug and then close it again before you launch. If you forget to close it, it will automatically remind you by peeing on your leg!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments