Thread: Fuel state

Fuel state

I haven’t run my boat since early October. Unfortunately tank is less than a third full. Was going to pump out the old gas. Should the filter on my Opti handle any potential water? Filter is less than a year old.

thanks!
    John

2. Member
    Was it stabilized? If so, just top off and go.

3. Member
    If it’s not sabilized? I’d pump what I could out. But that’s me. I just have no luck short cutting anything. But that’s why I use the don cocktail at all times. And DFI oil. If it blows it not because I didn’t try. I stabilize all my fuel, even the weed eater.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    Was it stabilized? If so, just top off and go.
    This. That's not that long for gas to sit, especially if stabilized or additives used. I wouldn't think twice about it.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    IF STABILIZED (or if you are running the cocktail), the fuel should be fine.

If not, you're into that "gray area" and are likely wise to make the safe decision of fresh fuel.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor