Thread: Izorline Review

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I was a die hard trileen guy for decades.Then I discovered Izorline. I have to say this stuff is great. I always recommend this to the floro guys, best of both worlds and a whole lot cheaper. I just started using the 6# on my spinning rods and it is fantastic. Tested it with a scale and it breaks at a little over eight pounds. I have not lost one fish due to it breaking. Good stuff guys, give it a try.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

2. Member
    team hobby hut ---a very good copolymer that is clear blue (easy to see) is grand slam select . i have used it last 4--5 years and no issues with it at all . I have never had a breakoff with it
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

I just got some 10# platinum on amazon, 1500yds- $13.27 free shipping. FYI

4. Member
    I have been using Izorline for about 6 years. It is an excellent all purpose line. I also buy the 1/4 pound spools. It is extremely strong and sensitive and is a great value.

I am going to have to try it.

6. Member
    Mr Hahn was so enthused about it on the BFHP I had to try it, glad I did.

7. Member
    Guys,
    For my dropshotting, finesse set ups using 6lb/ 8lb test - should I go with XXX or stick with Platinum? Most concerned with memory.....

8. Member
    I've been field staff for izorline the past 10 years not because of the discount but because I think it's the best line/value on the market. I use the xxx rather than the platinum due to the platinum getting some line memory as the temps get colder. Reason you don't see it in big box stores is simply that they believe in staying in smaller mom and pops type stores who tend to stay loyal. Izorline was originally designed for tuna fishing so line quality , strength and invisibility is high importance to the company. Last year they introduced a golden green color and for those who haven't tried it I would highly recommend to do so. It doesn't transmit color in clear water and camoflauges itself in stained.

9. Member
    Biggest complaint I've heard from people I introduce the line to is knots breaking at times and line "leaping off" on spinning reels. Both issues are easily solved. Simply wet the line when pulling knots tight as it does flatten out if not. When filling spinning reels make sure your bail is going same direction as line is coming off the spool. This will keep it laying down on reel even with bail open.

Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Guys,
    For my dropshotting, finesse set ups using 6lb/ 8lb test - should I go with XXX or stick with Platinum? Most concerned with memory.....
    I would go with the XXX if you are using a smaller size spool on your spinning reel or fish a lot in colder weather. I use 6 & 8 pound test on a Shimano Sahara 2500 spinning reel with no problems. But, I fish around tons of rocks in Canada and zebra mussles on Erie. So, I don't mind a little line memory to get the superior abrasion resistance of Platinum.

In addition to making sure the line is going on your spool the same way it comes off the big line spool, as I am winding my line on my spinning reels, I run the line through a warm, wet soft cloth to help remove the memory from the big line spool. Then, the lightly wet line will take on the shape of the reel spool and be less likely to "sprong" off when you open the bail.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I would go with the XXX if you are using a smaller size spool on your spinning reel or fish a lot in colder weather. I use 6 & 8 pound test on a Shimano Sahara 2500 spinning reel with no problems. But, I fish around tons of rocks in Canada and zebra mussles on Erie. So, I don't mind a little line memory to get the superior abrasion resistance of Platinum.

In addition to making sure the line is going on your spool the same way it comes off the big line spool, as I am winding my line on my spinning reels, I run the line through a warm, wet soft cloth to help remove the memory from the big line spool. Then, the lightly wet line will take on the shape of the reel spool and be less likely to "sprong" off when you open the bail.
    That's what I do. Except I spray some Line and Lure on a rag and run the line through that as I'm spooling a reel. Then I'll spray the spooled line, let it sit over night. No memory issues or line jumping off.

Been my experience that the clear line, whether XXX or Platinum, has less memory than colored line in either. The XXX has less memory between the two.

12. Member
    I have pro buddies that help me out with line, so I have no need to purchase. But, I do buy and spool my top water rods with 15#XXX clear - best top water line EVER. I've been using it for over 10 years.

13. Member
    When I spool up on a spinning reel when I idle out of the no wake zone I troll my line behind the boat with no lure, this seems to prevent problems.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    I've been field staff for izorline the past 10 years not because of the discount but because I think it's the best line/value on the market. I use the xxx rather than the platinum due to the platinum getting some line memory as the temps get colder. Reason you don't see it in big box stores is simply that they believe in staying in smaller mom and pops type stores who tend to stay loyal. Izorline was originally designed for tuna fishing so line quality , strength and invisibility is high importance to the company. Last year they introduced a golden green color and for those who haven't tried it I would highly recommend to do so. It doesn't transmit color in clear water and camoflauges itself in stained.
    Where can I buy some in the Golden Green color? Have not found any places so far. Very interested in trying some.
    Dan Beck
    2013 Ranger Z119/SHO 200

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    team hobby hut ---a very good copolymer that is clear blue (easy to see) is grand slam select . i have used it last 4--5 years and no issues with it at all . I have never had a breakoff with it
    Thanks for the tip. I'll get some and give it a try.

16. Member
    So how abrasion resistant are we talking? I fish at Lake of the Ozarks a lot and those steel cables behind docks are brutal on line!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12