Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    yes gator trax is it and will blow the ops off any other aluminum bass boat out there. not sure why more people aren't getting these built.
    The cost is likely the largest factor.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    The cost is likely the largest factor.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spearscody View Post
    So I've been researching tin boats for quite awhile and I am trying to determine which boat I want. So the 3 boats I am looking at are Xpress x19 (200 SHO), Crestliner PT20 (200 Pro XS), and Ranger RT198 (150 Pro XS though I wish it offered a 200). Anyways I was wondering if anyone has been in multiple of these models and if you have any insight as to why I should choose one or the other. I do plan on putting power poles and would like to have a 36v trolling motor but not completely against having a 24v. Also really interested in difference in price and speed for 2016-18 models. Thanks.
    If you are looking for a big boat that has plenty of room go with Crestliner. I run mine up at Lake Erie as well as in the shallow lakes here in Ohio and it does great. It is not a speed demon, going to run about 56 mph, 4 batteries, tournament load, 1 power pole.

So if your looking for more speed then Xpress I am sure.
    2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    yes gator trax is it and will blow the ops off any other aluminum bass boat out there. not sure why more people aren't getting these built.
    Marketing, they may not want anymore biz than they have? For what ever reason they don't aggressively market their product. If people don't know about you then people are not going to consider your product. Those that do, may or may not choose them. As you can see in this thread plenty go for brand loyalty.

5. Member
    With the pt20 and a 200 running 55 loaded, what’s the fuel consumption going to be vs a boat with a 150 doing the same if not faster? I went tin because they are cheaper to maintain and operate.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spearscody View Post
    Yeah I saw that one but its in Texas and I am not 100% ready to bite the bullet just yet. Probably be about 6-8 months before I pull the trigger on something. Like Obssesed said above I will probably be at the classic so I want to check out the Vexus aluminum line.
    Then why look now if your not ready to buy? Never understood this... you know what's going to happen, you going to find the boat you want for the price you want then pass on it, then a year down the road wished you purchased that boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Then why look now if your not ready to buy? Never understood this... you know what's going to happen, you going to find the boat you want for the price you want then pass on it, then a year down the road wished you purchased that boat.
    ^^^^This.

I was looking to go to aluminum from my glass Ranger and looked for about 4-6 months before I actually bought the RT188. I was in no hurry because I had the glass Ranger and the aluminum Cherokee I was fishing from..... Also, I was trying to find a good used boat with preferably a Yamaha on it. A good creampuff 19 foot aluminum boat with a Yamaha that was not already spoken for was hard to find. The big difference is I was looking used I guess and also was ready to buy the boat right then if I could find one that was what I wanted. But I still looked and learned for quite a while until I finally gave up and bought new. So it's possible to be looking and learning for quite some time before signing the papers.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123