Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    are these a good thing for a 300 promax ? getting ready to pull my injectors for cleaning,and was gonna order your 2 stage reeds anyhow,tks

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes they will be fine in your 300 promax,btw my reeds for your motor are single stage,Chris

3. Member
    Chris,
    I have used your reeds and love them.

Do you have spacers and stuffers 2001 XR6.

I am curious about the intake spacer kits. Will the factory engine cover cowling still fit. Seems with the air box it might be kind of tight.

One reason I am interested in the spacer is because it is made from non heat conducting material. I truly believe that some of the hot start issues after fishing awhile, is part due to todays fuels. But, also because of the carbs absorbing a lot of heat from the block. And I think the spacers would make a great addition to maybe improve this condition.
    The added performance gain is a plus+!, I may give the stuffers a try also.

(Note: for others reading, do not try to start trouble shooting my hotstart issue here, this is for CCM products, for what it is worth though.. it is the carbs absorbing heat from the block in my situation when it does occur. And I have been looking for a non-metallic spacer to test out and Chris 's product may just help, thanks)

Have you seen any testing/results of improvements with the stuffers and spacers yet.

Also on carbed engines are any adjustments required or should be made after stuffers and spacers.

Thanks for the great products you offer, long live the 2Strokes!!!!
    Last edited by moetorola; 01-24-2019 at 05:20 PM.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks for your interest...and yes the stuffers will fit no problem,they go inside the motor in front of the reed cages,no external size changes.The spacer plate moves the intake and everything attached to it(in front)forward 1 inch.Most cowlings will allow this,some require a little trimming of the lower pans.Tape a 1 inch thick book to the airbox and see if the cowl will fit, If it will,and you're willing to do a little pan trimming if necessary you'll like the results,Chris

5. Member
    Figured I'd throw this out there , I run chris reeds,stuffers,intake space on a carbed 2.5 ,it is a noticable difference all over powerband, really like his products and customer service is as good as it gets.

6. Member
    I just put a set of CCMS reeds and stuffers in my 2.5 200 efi xri, haven't had a chance to run it yet.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

7. Member
    riverby flats caretaker, Telephone Tx./lake fork texas
    about to do stuffers, reeds, spacer on my 95 200 xri.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
    Just make sure you have clearance between the computer and the cowling as the spacer is 1 inch thick and there is not much room as it is.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
    report back with rpm gain no other changes to set up or load
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    report back with rpm gain no other changes to set up or load
    Yep x2 on ur results, would like to see sum # differences, my mota had to many things done at 1 time to tell

11. Member
    What they ^^^ said...

12. Member

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charvelplayer View Post
    Hello Merc2.4, Did you have to trim your pan? Any modifications when installing the stuffers?
    No mods to cowl for stuffers. only if u add a intake spacer and that's only on certain cowls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12