ram mounts....helix 7

figure i'd ask you guys ......i have a helix 7 gps and lookin to add a ram mount up front.
    right now it's on the deck and interfering with my t/m pedel. i guess they make a short and long arm, found the short and can't seem to
    find the long arm (think only the 5 has the long arm) . any ideas. trying to get the unit aliitle higher from the deck.

2. Member
    Check out GPS City. I ordered my long arm Ram Mount from them.

Thanks

4. Member
    Yes, I'm also looking at the ram mount for the Helix 7 and GPS City has them in stock at least in Canada. Is the model with he 1 1/2 inch ball big enough to hold the Helix 7 without it moving ?

Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    figure i'd ask you guys ......i have a helix 7 gps and lookin to add a ram mount up front.
    right now it's on the deck and interfering with my t/m pedel. i guess they make a short and long arm, found the short and can't seem to
    find the long arm (think only the 5 has the long arm) . any ideas. trying to get the unit aliitle higher from the deck.
    The arm lengths are interchangeable. I have the 3" (short) and 5" (standard) arms in that size. There is the long one available also.
    https://www.gpscity.com/search/q=ram-c-ball-arm

The issue you will run into is the longer the arm you use, the more leverage you get for movement when you hit a wake/wave.
    Using the ball type mount, you can also use a double ball between two arms to get more distance, but that would be a disaster for a bow install.

The only difference between the Helix models is the mount plates are sized to match the gimbal mount holes.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    Yes, I'm also looking at the ram mount for the Helix 7 and GPS City has them in stock at least in Canada. Is the model with he 1 1/2 inch ball big enough to hold the Helix 7 without it moving ?
    I would think it's big enough. I have one that size that I use on my Helix 9 and it works fine.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

just trying to get up and away from the pedal.....the one i found will work .

8. Member
    I would get the mount with the 2-1/4" ball. It makes all of the difference on supporting larger units.

9. Banned
    the longest arm is 11 inches

stuck with the basic 1.5" ball type.

Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    stuck with the basic 1.5" ball type.
    That will be absolutely fine for a Helix 7. Not too heavy, unlike some of the 9” to 12” units.

I have a Helix 7 on my bow with the long arm, it works excellent.
    I chose the long because I want the fish finder up high and easy to see.