Replacing dummy plate on driver console

Hi guys, I want to replace the dummy plate on my driver console because last year I was drilling into it and it got tore up a bit due to the type of drill bit I used. I have noticed that at least with the bow dummy plate after removing the screws the plate seems to be glued in place. How have you guys removed the dummy plate on your console? Do you just pull and rip it off or pry it off ?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I made my own but I was also mounting brackets and graph to the new ones....The dash is metal and bow is starboard....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    It shouldn't be glued. Mine were stuck pretty good but I just worked one piece up and worked around.

I replaced both bow & console plastic plates with water jetted, 316 stainless copies on my 721. Factory ones were not glued, but were stuck pretty good coming off. Small flat tip screw driver pried it off, working slowly around the lip. My custom plates turned out good.....sand blasted to give a satin look and added Phoenix stickers and a merc monitor at the dash & hydrowave at the bow.
    Andy Cole
    2018 Skeeter FX21LE
    250 SHO VF250LA s/n 6CBL1017034