Two part map chips question.

First off which brand of chips are best for the Humminbird units? Secondly are mapping chips only good for the original owner? Just wondering if I can buy a used chip and be fully functional.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Member
    The chips are portable to other owners and units as long as they are compatible with that unit. As far as better, with a Humminbird..Lakemaster will allow you to use exclusive HB features. However lake mapping for your lakes may or may not be in LM survey. If they are that is the best chip to buy. Otherwise it is a lake by lake comparison. Best is to ask some guys what is best for your lakes. Navionics has a site that you can view the maps. Lakemaster has lists of the lakes and the quality of those lake maps are indicated. Humminbird and Navionics have compatibility charts for different units on their sites. Bob

3. Member
    If you have a Minnkota with Ipilot link and want to use the Ilink features with your Humminbird you will need the LakeMaster chip.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

4. Member
    The only way to tell what would be the best map card for your needs is to compare the two brands to eachother in regards to the lakes you fish. Navionics has a much larger list of surveyed lakes so it is possible they are your best bet if Lakemaster hasnt surveyed the areas you fish.

You can look at Navioinics maps for your area by following the link:

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...epszE%7Cvm%7DO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryg View Post
    If you have a Minnkota with Ipilot link and want to use the Ilink features with your Humminbird you will need the LakeMaster chip.
    Are you saying Ipilot Link will not work with Navionics?
    Thanks

6. Member
    The map will work but you don't get the lakemaster features and no follow the contour. You can still record tracks and follow your tracks with Navionics. Any other features beside following anything from the map will still work.(spotlock,autopilot etc.) Trying to say no interaction with the map unless it is LM.Bob

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    The map will work but you don't get the lakemaster features and no follow the contour. You can still record tracks and follow your tracks with Navionics. Any other features beside following anything from the map will still work.(spotlock,autopilot etc.) Trying to say no interaction with the map unless it is LM.Bob
    One of the lakes I fish is not on LakeMaster but is on Navionics. Maybe they will add it at some point so I can use my Ipilot Link!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccetex View Post
    One of the lakes I fish is not on LakeMaster but is on Navionics. Maybe they will add it at some point so I can use my Ipilot Link!!!
    Thanks
    They need to know about it. Have you requested it here? https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...equest-a-Lake/
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    They need to know about it. Have you requested it here? https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...equest-a-Lake/
    Done
    Thanks!!!