Death in FLW tourny

Just saw a flw angler lost his life in boating accident. Anyone know what happened?

A coangler got ejected when they speared a wave. Looked for hom for @ 6 days before they found him.
    Pretty sad ordeal. It was a hot topic in the lounge for a week or so.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

3. Member
    Sorry haven't been to the lounge site. Just found out about it. What was the reason the boat he was in could not find him? Must have been real bad water conditions.

4. Member
    The thread from the lounge said that they speared a wave and he was ejected. Driver could not get the engine started. So he tried to use the trolling motor but he got thrown in the water. He could not get back in but stayed with the boat and was rescued. The guy that died was separated from the boat.

5. Member
    Sorry to here ... Was a PfD washed off . If a guys gets kicked out witha PfD on should have he been floating some were.. Again sorry to hear about the tragedy.. God bless..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

Ultimate bass site has the same reports. I’ve been following it there due to some of the guys were there. There pics show a regular style pdf. Not the inflatable kind. It’s believed he struck his head on the way out. Big because of liability issues the investigation is super quiet.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

The driver said he saw the co waving but couldn’t get to him as another post here referenced. Water temp in the 50’s air temp in the 30’s = quick onset of hypothermia irrespective of PFD type.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    Just saw a flw angler lost his life in boating accident. Anyone know what happened?
    Definitely a tragedy and frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. On a body of water as big as the "O" its too easy for there to be an accident where there are no witnesses to give aid and cold water is a killer. Shows all of us that even with a PDF we are vulnerable in cold water, something to remember when fishing by ourselves (as I typically do).
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

10. Member
    The wife and I were fishing Stick Marsh / Farm 13 when that storm hit (Winter Storm Grayson). That was an initial cold front that hit that brought snow to northern Florida. I have never seen waves and wind come out of no where like that storm. The wife and I had a very rough ride trying to get off the water with 2-3 foot rollers. She was actually crying because she was scared. We took on a lot of water that day. I could see how someone could get thrown out of a boat in that crap. Prayers for Nik and his family.
    2018 Ranger RT188