Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Clips

Looks like a 'stripper' clip.

From time to time I've used those to reload my 'magazines'. Just that finding ammo in the box, that's already on a 'stripper' is a bit pricey. OTOH, the local Army Navy generally has hundreds of the strippers for little of nothing. Can always take a day and load your ammo onto them just for snits-n-giggles.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Quote Originally Posted by DixieChicken View Post
    Phillip I disagree. I'd say 62gr will run better, and what I'd use for the best accuracy. Heavier bullets are more accurate in general. That said, the 55gr and 62gr are the most used in a 1:9 for sure. However I wouldn't rule out buying a box of each, even going up to 69gr if not at least one box in the 70's.

Although.... as I was saying earlier, there are other factors that come into play. But a heavier projectile is more stable in flight without a doubt.

Of course at this point we're talking about what (with good glass).... getting 1"~1½" groups at 100~150 yards vs ¾" groups.

That's basically getting sub MOA vs MOA at 100~150 yards. That and you need to get familiar with your glass (scope). As I also said earlier, I shoot mine with a 2 MOA red dot (not a magnified scope), and Troy Industries iron sights and it works for me. I've thought of getting into plinking paper at 200, 300, 500 yards but don't have the space, and just don't have the time OR MONEY to go out and buy a quality scope to play with just for plinking.

Only way the OP will know is pick up a few boxes of each. I'd get 55gr and 62gr in brass and steel from different manufacturers at the very least, and even some NATO 69gr perhaps. The go set it up on a bench, put some paper at 100, 150, and 200 yards and make a day of it. But yeah... there may not be any noticeable difference between green box Remington 55gr and Wolf 55gr, and/or 62gr for any practical distances. (Although, science tells us that 62gr will be more accurate all things being equal.)

Fishing is more fun for me these days, and all I have to hit is the lake. That's a can't miss situation.

Great info here

I was just posting from my experience, which is not a whole lot...

Thank you for your post! I learned something new
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    Great info here

I was just posting from my experience, which is not a whole lot...

Thank you for your post! I learned something new

You're very welcome. Welcome indeed.

I'm the type that studies it all before I dive in. Went without an 'evil black gun' for quite a long time. Then now I stick only to piston guns, because I'm not a fan of just how dirty the chamber get (IN A HURRY) in a regular gas impingement gun. (Which requires a LOT more cleaning!!!!)

From there it was studying how the bullets perform in the field. Sure.... for plinking, green box Remington is just fine, or anything else you can get cheap. But for accuracy.... you want a better round. I'll shoot 62 gr minimum, and prefer brass to steel casings fwiw.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Quote Originally Posted by DixieChicken View Post
    You're very welcome. Welcome indeed.

I'm the type that studies it all before I dive in. Went without an 'evil black gun' for quite a long time. Then now I stick only to piston guns, because I'm not a fan of just how dirty the chamber get (IN A HURRY) in a regular gas impingement gun. (Which requires a LOT more cleaning!!!!)

From there it was studying how the bullets perform in the field. Sure.... for plinking, green box Remington is just fine, or anything else you can get cheap. But for accuracy.... you want a better round. I'll shoot 62 gr minimum, and prefer brass to steel casings fwiw.
    I only shoot brass

And my gun runs best with 62g
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

Some of you guys crack me up about a gas AR being so dirty. You have never seen dirty until you have been around a HK 91. Not sure if the HK 93 runs the same way but I would guess so.

6. Member
    That's not necessarily true. the marked .223 Wylde chambers were designed specifically for running the higher pressured 5.56 round, so you can have a .223 marked barrel that also accepts 5.56 too. Check the manfacturer before confirming if the barrel says .223, Armalite is a good example.

As for rounds, My M&P is mostly feed cheap, Tula steel and Federal 100rd 55gn .223 at wally for a low price of $33 and change. It doesn't have the best barrel but it'll still do really well.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12