Recommendations needed

Looking at booking a trip to tennessee this spring. My buddies and i have gone to Dale Hollow the last few years in late april, and loved it. Wife and i went to Gatlinburg in september, and was thinking of Douglas, but dont know much about it. Its convienient, because my wife isnt much of a fisherperson, and will be bored by lunch, and then we could hit pigeon forge and gatlinburg. The cabin we stayed in in sept was incredible, with hot tub, and awesome views, but looking online i cant find anything like that on the lake. Any suggestions where we could stay, not have to trailer the boat every morning, and would be kinda romantic?

2. Banned
    It all depends on the budget. Douglas Lake essentially runs from outside of Sevierville (actually Kodak) and much of the lake has a Dandridge address. You might check Booking.com or AirBnB for rental for those cities.

The huge Norris Lake is also close by and they have an incredible number of rentals and floating houses for rent. That lake has high rise condos and something like 17 marinas.

3. Member
    Budget isn't an issue. We aren't millionaires, but don't mind spending the money for a great place. Would love to find something with a dock I can leave the boat at.

4. Member
    I know our next trip to TN will be to Chickamauga. That's one I'd like to get to this year for sure.

Also, albeit it's a bit east, is Lake Jocassee in northern SC. It's in the mountains, is DEEP, and from what I'm told VERY clear. Had a guy tell me last week that you can literally see bass in the trees 20' down. Now THAT is cool!

First thing I do is head to VRBO / Home Away and start looking for rentals there. I'm weird though in that my first search will be ONLY rentals that face the south. Reason being that if it's south facing you'll be able to see both sunrise and sunset over the water from the property.
    Yeah I know... that's a weird thing to think about, but hey.... if I'm paying to be there.......
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

5. Member
    Check with the Chamber of Commerce in Dandbridge.....really nice people and there is a marina across the bridge on the lake there. You may even be able to rent a house on the lake....not sure.
    Good luck

6. Member
    OP, look at VRBO. I just checked it today, and there are a number of rentals on Douglas. Although finding one with a dock, is a different matter entirely! There are a few, but they're few and far between.

As far as that 'romantic' feeling.... your wife should be very happy just lounging and taking in the scenery. Some beautiful cabins up that way.

My wife OTOH is going out in the boat, and I BETTER BE READY TO GO AT DARK THIRTY or she'll let me know about it. She (and I) just love it. Looks and feels much better on the water than from the porch.
    Last edited by DixieChicken; 01-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

7. Not Banned
    Mountain Harbor Inn on Douglas has boat docks... I assume they are for the people staying there but I'm not sure. I use to live up there and I've seen the signs for jet ski and pontoon rental. It's right on the water. The parking seems to be kinda crazy. I think they have limited on site parking and have a lot down the road with a shuttle program. It's a short trip into Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg from there with quick access to I-40 and Knoxville. There really isn't a lot of docks on Douglas. Some that offer docks may also be a dock where you have to launch somewhere else and then boat to the dock since a lot are on bluffs.

Douglas lake vacations.

http://douglaslakevacations.com

Lake front cabin rentals.

http://lakefrontcabins.com

We have used both of these with great success throughout the years.