Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

is this what we're missing???

zoom in on the price...wow...makes me love my tin even more!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Member
    Does the pro come with it? Or is that the chauffeur that is included for that price?
    Last edited by Transom; 01-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Your right RichW, bass fishing rigs got out of hand.

4. Member
    Won't be hitched behind my truck

5. Member
    Man I need 2 of them. Who's willing to pay for it for me
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

6. Member
    It's only 1100mo. Looks even better behind a F450 platinum that's oh just another 1050 mo. Stupid runs ramped.

7. Member
    Boat prices are crazy high, but so are house prices and just about everything else that we buy, or are forced to pay for. All of this and the government bean counters will tell you that inflation is just about flat. I for one, don’t believe it for one minute.

Hell, I just bought a really nice house for a little over twice that amount three years ago. 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and 9 years ago on a large lot here in Georgia. That boat is almost half the cost of my home. Boat prices have gone out the roof and I'm tickled to death about the decision to buy my aluminum.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

9. Banned
    Probably will be heading to the Chicago boat and RV show tomorrow. No Rangers on the vendor list. Lund, Crestliner, G3, Tracker, Skeeter, Alumacraft, Lowe, Nitro, Starcraft, Tracker, and Smokercraft will be there.

Boat prices have been insane for several years now. They can have them too. Im tickled $hitless with my tin rig.
    I honestly think if I owned that boat and I went out and zeroed in a tourney and then scratched it before I loaded it up Id have a freakin stroke right there on the ramp!!
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

11. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Tha's pretty freakin sad..... for real.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

If you want to look like Pro, you have to get in debt like a Pro. Not for me.
    I’ll keep my current beautifully kept, paid for, boat. And buy used when I replace it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    I honestly think if I owned that boat and I went out and zeroed in a tourney and then scratched it before I loaded it up Id have a freakin stroke right there on the ramp!!
    Lol, me to.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

14. Member
    Oh yeah... at only $100K what a bargain!
    At that price, not only does it need some sort of 'pro' with it (that changes monthly), but it needs to magically be already in the water at whatever lake I go to for the first 36 months at least.

Oh.... and full of tackle, 2 dozen $700 rod and reels, and an automatic oil and fuel filling feature.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Probably will be heading to the Chicago boat and RV show tomorrow. No Rangers on the vendor list. Lund, Crestliner, G3, Tracker, Skeeter, Alumacraft, Lowe, Nitro, Starcraft, Tracker, and Smokercraft will be there.
    WOW... you REALLY have a good selection of fishing boats at that show.

It'll be in Atlanta next week, and as it was last year, the ONLY fishing boats (well bass boats at least) will be Skeeter/G3. I expect three, TOTAL, and maybe a couple G3.

Of course out of what... 1400 boats there will be 687 pontoons, 583 cruisers of some sort, and 96 center consoles, with the rest some sort of ski or wake boat.. Pontoons, the CHEAP ones will be $85K, and quite a lot will be in the $175K~$350K+ range.

Needless to say we won't be going.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

15. Member
    There is a butt for every seat. Some guy over on the Ranger page just bought one, it's nice as all get out and indeed he's pulling it with a Platinum F250. For all I know he stroked a check for the entire rig. In the grand scheme it's peanuts compared to a million dollar off shore fishing rig. Some of those are that much..used!

I agree "the bread basket" is a skewed way of looking at inflation.

A top of the line RT198 doesn't exactly make aluminum boats look "affordable" compared to a Tracker Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    There is a butt for every seat. Some guy over on the Ranger page just bought one, it's nice as all get out and indeed he's pulling it with a Platinum F250. For all I know he stroked a check for the entire rig. In the grand scheme it's peanuts compared to a million dollar off shore fishing rig. Some of those are that much..used!

I agree "the bread basket" is a skewed way of looking at inflation.

A top of the line RT198 doesn't exactly make aluminum boats look "affordable" compared to a Tracker Heritage.
    You think Johnny Morris has hit on something with the Heritage?

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

man. I'd be catching fish all day if I had one of those.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    Boat prices have been insane for several years now. They can have them too. Im tickled $hitless with my tin rig.
    A few years back, in Sturgeon Bay, I watched 3 guys attempt to launch what appeared to be a new Ranger multi-species rig. It was obvious none of them had ever owned a boat, or a boat of that size before. They had difficulty backing down the ramp as well as unloading the rig. One of them had even gone into the water

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    If you want to look like Pro, you have to get in debt like a Pro. Not for me.
    I’ll keep my current beautifully kept, paid for, boat. And buy used when I replace it.

SMART
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    You think Johnny Morris has hit on something with the Heritage?
    I do, it's not that there aren't a bazillion converted Jon boats out there. What's not out there is one in that price range, with that kind of warranty and equipment. Put together a Topper with a trailer and even a 25 hp motor and you'll be scaring 7,000 dollars. I have a very good friend that did that with a 14' topper, 5 hp motor and trailer...he was all over 5 grand. Then he started building decks, fortrex trolling motor, and a depth finder.

What people seem to forget about "the good old days" is the warranty on a motor was done in a year, two tops. I saw how much the value drops on a used boat today when I sold my pristine Cougar tho I had done ALL routine maintenance and then some. People will pay thousands more for a warranty. Boats back then had thin carpet compared to today, wood was everywhere including the seats. I kept wood seat frames pre cut for my old boats, especially the backs. A long run meant tired arms with straight cable steering...the list goes on and on. Oh...."great electronics" we're a paper graph. You better hope your stylus or paper didn't jam up LOL. I preferred a Super 30.

Are bass boats more, you bet! Are manufactures giving us what we demand...you bet! Hell, my RT188 is light years ahead of any bass boat I had "back in the good old days."

I paid 9,000 for a 17'Ranger 3 series with a 115 back in the early 80's. That's about 20,000 today. It had basically nothing compared to a new boat today LOL. IMO Some of you have a skewed version of the past.

Live for today.

PS one reason I went back to aluminum was people don't seem to mind paying more for a well kept older used copy. I think the smaller outboard cost has something to do with that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast