#HOOKINHAWGS#

Xpress vs Crestliner

So I'm in the market for a new(to me) aluminum bass boat and think I've narrowed between these brands. I really like the x19 with the 200 Yamaha sho. Can't find as much in way of reviews and performance on the crestliners. Any info, comparisons good or bad would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks
    "HOOKIN HAWGS"

2. Member
    I had a Ranger RT188. Now have a x19 with a 200 sho. Ride is a lot better I don't think I will go back.Really like the Xpress don't think you will go wrong with it...
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

3. Member
    I think you will be very happy with your Xpress X19 and 200 SHO.

I knew Crestliner beefed up the hull and transoms when they went to the higher HP motors..... But I looked at the 20 footer and it said it had .110 transom....when I looked at the 18 footer the specs say .125 for the transom...seems strange to me and I wonder if it is a misprint for the 20... Smart to make a good beefier transom for the higher HP boats.

It looks like they had the good sense to beef up the transom beyond the .100 when they hang the heavy motors with more torque on the back. I would not buy a boat at this point with .100 aluminum transom and a 150 hanging off the back. Looks like these two manufacturers have beefed them up some. Probably needed also.

Crestliner has a good reputation and I am sure it is a fine boat. I have fished quite a bit from a X19 with a 200 SHO on it and there is not a doubt in my mind that if I was buying one of these --- it would be the Xpress. That was the nicest aluminum boat I have been in....and they have a .125 aluminum hull as well as a reinforced .125 aluminum transom and I have not heard of cracks with them. Would like to have one myself. The X19 is a very nice boat, and it sits level and fishes great.
    Last edited by Panama; 01-13-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA