Ranger cover Fit

Well I have done it. First I installed a 112 45" Ultrex, now a 360 and another graph to the bow for the 360 on my 2012 Z520 Darn cover won't fit now.... Anyone else have this problem? And what did you do to rectify the situation?

2. kenny@bunchmarine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakebuzzer View Post
    Well I have done it. First I installed a 112 45" Ultrex, now a 360 and another graph to the bow for the 360 on my 2012 Z520 Darn cover won't fit now.... Anyone else have this problem? And what did you do to rectify the situation?

You'll need to get the cover modified at an upholstery shop or order another cover from Ranger letting them know you've added this stuff. Little cheaper at the upholstery shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakebuzzer View Post
    I built a garage.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny@bunchmarine View Post
    You'll need to get the cover modified at an upholstery shop or order another cover from Ranger letting them know you've added this stuff. Little cheaper at the upholstery shop...
    X2...I did same upgrades, I can at least still use it to cover overnight, eventually will order a new cover that fits

Can you put the 360 on a quick release of some sort ? I assume that's what's messing you up, then you can lay it on the deck and the cover should fit.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    The head of the ultrex is actually what causes mine not to fit...

I just put an Ultrex 45" shaft replacing a Fortrex 45" on my boat and no way the flat Ranger cover that I have will fit right. I'm going to have a local cover maker do the alteration.
    Last edited by RngrBill; 01-16-2018 at 07:03 AM.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

8. Member
    Yep. Local upholstery shop. Mine added a flap over the splashwell area, motor cover, and additional canvas fabric over the Ultrex for $200.00.

9. Member
    I had the same problem with my Ranger 619. I took the cover to a canvas shop and he made some adjustments to make sure the cover fit. A lot less expensive than ordering a new cover.

10. Member
    Do you have the flat cover or the raised?

Just find a local company to modify. Many of my buddies had to do this when we changed to a Fortrex.