Power Pole pumps

I have a 2012 Cougar ftd. Previous owner mounted both pumps to the seat pedastal. I like the location but noticed the pedastal has a little bit of play in it. Does anyone think this caused from the pumps being mounted there? If so curious if it will continue to get looser over time. If so I may look into mounting them in front of the fuel tanks bolted to rear storage boxes. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    I have an 09 Cougar FTD. Mine are mounted in the same location. Small movement on post, but has never gotten worse.

3. Member
    I have dual poles and a slightly lose back seat pedastel base. I got my boat late fall when it started getting cold and haven't taken time to observe specifically where they're mounted due to focusing on other things around the boat. It's 5 degrees outside so I know my garage is cold. But I'll try to get out there later and see if I have same/similar situation.

4. Member
    Most have a little slop. Easy to fix. Put some tape around the post up against the fiberglass (inside the bilge) or else a roll of modeling clay. You want to create a dam at the bottom of the crack. Now go find some slow-cure epoxy (slow cure is much thinner). Stop by the local drug store and buy a syringe with a needle. Mix the epoxy, then use the syringe to squirt it into the gap between the 'glass hull and the post. Fill it to the top. Let it cure and slop is gone permanently...

If you have a white cap in that area, you can hit home depot and buy a tube (two tubes actually) of their marine epoxy. It is white and matches very closely. Same directions but now you have a nearly invisible patch rather than one that is epoxy-colored.

If you have any resin (polyester, epoxy, etc) that is even better since it is still thinner and flows better...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. I fixed the pedastal on my last cat so I will just keep the pumps there for now. If it gets any worse I will try and epoxy it.

Sounds like a good project. Does anyone have some pics to demonstrate the specific area you are talking about?

Thanks
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

7. Member
    I took zip ties from the pump to the battery tray and tightened it up enough to eliminate that little bit of movement.

8. Member
    I like OldTimer57 Idea. BTW I checks and both my pp pumps are far further towards from of boat. Nowhere near the seat pedestal base.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    I took zip ties from the pump to the battery tray and tightened it up enough to eliminate that little bit of movement.
    Did the same....works well.....