Ordered a garmin 94sv

Hey guys. I just ordered a 94sv since it was really cheap. I am using it in freshwater. Do i return it and get a 93sv and pay the extra 300. Or just take a little loss in detail. It doesnt have chirp either. Thanks

2. Banned
    Depends on what you need it to do, and how much money you can afford.

I think its worth the extra $300 to have chirp and the ability add Panoptix later.

But if you don't plan on getting Panoptix for the next couple years then just the addition of chirp probably won't be necessary. Garmin's pre-chirp 2d is still good.

3. Member
    Other details. Im mainly fishing less than 30ft of water. And my other locator os a garmin 4x woth chirp and downscan.

4. Member
    Is this the chirp or non-chirp unit?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Non chirp.

6. Member
    It comes without a transducer. So ill have to get a gt41 tm. Thanks for all the help

7. Member
    Mainly all the fishing i do is for channel catfish. So i dont need the best of the best. Just want to see structure and of there are some kitties hiding. Thanks again for the help

8. Banned
    I fish mostly cats and between Hum, Lowrance and Garmin the Humminbird has the best side scanning. Even with its non-HD transducer.

But I haven't tried my Lowrance 3D yet, so we'll see

9. Member
    Hmm. Well i paid 350 for this unit. Do i run it? Or do i sell it and go helix?

10. Banned
    good price for 9"

Do you need sidescan right away? If not, you could use the transducer from the other unit with an adapter cable

11. Member
    I've not used any of the non-chirp models and don't know what the current recommended transducer is for your unit. Keep in mind though that the 92,93,94,95 sv units are the same unit and if a transducer works for one it should work for any of the others. My understanding is that the difference in the units themselves was which set of preloaded maps came on them. At least, that was the story on the chirp units.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

The 94sv is saltwater maps if that is important to you

13. Member
    I geuss i was concerned that maybe the quality would be as good. Since i read the gt41 tm transducer is 50/200 nd the 73sv is 83/200. Im prolly worrying about nothing.

14. Member
    Right. The echomaps will do 50/200 and 77/200. The 83/200 is a Lowrance/Humminbird thing. The original GT20,21,40 and 41 would all work with the original non-chirp echomaps. The 20 and 21 are 8 pin and require an 8 pin to 12 pin adapter. I just don't know what the availability is of these transducers now. The 20 and 21 are 2d and down only. The 40 and 41 include SideVu and are 12 pin so you wouldn't need the adapter.

15. Member
    Thank you lwinchester. I really apppreciate the help. So the gt40 will work with my 94sv? Ive heard only the gt41 will work with it?

16. Member
    Yes. Here's what you are looking for. It the 2015 Transducer Selection Guide. The newer stuff don't give you much information on the original echomaps. Make sure you look carefully at the different screen sizes. Some transducers won't work on the ones with smaller screens.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ma...mJvtmbZZOuBHZ5

17. Member
    Thanks again winchester. It looks like the gt40 has better freq than the 41. Thanks again!