Thread: Pixy Spool

Pixy Spool

Anyone know where I can get a replacement spool for a pixy? I cracked mine. Dont ask how. Need for left hand reel.

2. Member
    Google is your friend. Check DIY, Ray's Studio, ebay, KTF and AliExpress. Also I believe a Presso spool fits the Pixy. Check places such as Japantackle. I bought my Presso spool from them. After reading reviews on the PX68, I think I will be buying an aftermarket spool...probably a DIY. There is also the PX68 Finesse Special spool.

BTW, I don't think it matters which hand the reel is.

The Tackle Trap is a Daiwa parts dealer and BBC sponsor. I'd be glad to get you a price on a spool from a PX-R.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    Google is your friend. Check DIY, Ray's Studio, ebay, KTF and AliExpress. Also I believe a Presso spool fits the Pixy. Check places such as Japantackle. I bought my Presso spool from them. After reading reviews on the PX68, I think I will be buying an aftermarket spool...probably a DIY. There is also the PX68 Finesse Special spool.

BTW, I don't think it matters which hand the reel is.

Thank you I had found the DIY Ray's studio spool last night just wasn't 100% sure about if it mattered what hand it is. Also what are the benefits of that spool?

5. Member
    Gary can answer that better than I. For a reel like a Pixy most people are looking for a spool that will handle the lightest lures. The lighter the spool the better. It will start up easier with light lures. However, a Pixy is capable of more than just the lightest lures. How do you normally use yours?

6. Member
    been using it for mostly small crankbaits. And small swimbaits keitech 3.3 on 1/8oz head.

Quote Originally Posted by denraytay View Post
    been using it for mostly small crankbaits. And small swimbaits keitech 3.3 on 1/8oz head.
    The PX-R spool is in the zone for these baits. You aren't looking for an "ultra finesse" type spool like the Pixy finesse spool, etc. You want to have a little line capacity if you decide to spool up some FC and go fishing.