Curado 200K or Chronarch MGL

I've seen a lot of posts and videos about the Chronarch MGL being compared to the Metanium and other more expensive reels but not the other way. I have a $250 gift card at Tackle Warehouse and I was wanting the 200K but started considering the MGL. Is the MGL really worth the extra $100? Is it basically a similar reel with just a couple extra bearings? Just trying to figure out which is the best way to go.

2. Member
    I've only had a 200k for a few weeks but I've had my Chronarch MGL for almost a year, it's definitely worth it. The K is nice but the Chronarch well it's a Chronarch.

3. Member
    Me Id get the K. I had ChMGL purchased at $234. At that time I also had a curado70(bought for $150). So fishing these reels side by side for a couple weeks just wasn't feeling the MGL was giving me any real benefit for the price difference. I got to thinking about taking the MGL back. Then an issue arose with the MGL thumb bar and back it did go. Got another 70 for $150 upgraded bearings in both don't miss the MGL at all. Now you said you have a TW $250card but you can get curadoK on eBay for $150. Might do that use the tw$$ for item not less elsewhere.

4. Member
    My MGL is way smoother than the Ci4 Chronarch plus I added the bearing to the worm gear, that seemed to make a difference also. I've got one for the K but haven't installed it.