Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Too much time on my hands ...

Since being unemployed again since the first of the year, I've found myself snooping around in the BBC Lounge some. Now I know why I have managed to avoid it all these years other than knowing that Chance gets in trouble when he ventures in there. It amazes me some of the content of the OPs come up with. Some are topics that I would consider none of anyone else's business. But in response of the terrible tragedy that occurred the first day of the FLW Costa Series on Lake Okeechobee last week, I've seen some of the most stupid posts and ideas I think I've ever seen. Everything from kill switches for co-anglers to requiring the Pros to have USCG Captain ratings. Makes you want to say WTF you thinking??? It was a freaking terrible accident that could have happened to anyone. Don't get me wrong, my heart pours out to both the Pro, Co and their families. But some of these posts are definitely "Here's Your Sign" moments ...

Last edited by Tx Champ; 01-12-2018 at 05:04 PM.

2. Member
    Reggie yall know that when somebody clicks on "new posts" from the homepage (it doesnt really matter what forum) the latest posts are a click away for everyone, right?

at least for me, it wouldnt matter if it were a lounge thread or not, I'd see the latest ones and I'd only click it if I were interested.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I do, but I go into the Lounge to scope things out. I usually just go between the TBC and Champion and on occasion, Charger, Cobra and Legend. So aside from the rampant rumors on the Legend forum right now, the only other place I have any interest in that more than its share of pure dumbass posts, it's the Lounge.

4. Member
    I love pure dumbass posts. I'm good at them.

5. Member
    It's cliche to say it, but it's the world we live in. Some people think everything can be babyproofed. The fact remains that despite well intended efforts, all the vessel kill switches, auto-inflating PFDs, seat belt alarms or "Hot Liquid" coffee cup lids in the world can't replace good decision making.

6. Member
    It appears that another boater went missing today on Lake O The Pines.

7. Member
    Gotta agree on the Lounge. What’s really sad is that is a representative cross section of America, and that is scary. As to the loss of life at O, I suspect criminal charges are not out of the question. All states have reckless and negligence statutes. When your co is thrown out of your boat that you are driving, you may be responsible, depending on the exact circumstances. Not to mention civil liability. Tournament fishermen need to slow down in rough water.

8. Member
    Yeah, the xx versus yy debates in the Lounge get old. I think some purposely post sensitive / wacky questions to start such debates. I mean guys agruing about how to launch a boat. Really? The same is true on the other Tx forum site. Those are at least funny at times.

I'm just waiting on the lake temps around here to get back to normal spring ranges and for high school baseball to get cranked up again.

9. Member
    They caught real good fish this past weekend, even in the miserable cold. I guess I’m gonna have to launch.

10. Member
    Dang! That was funny!