Thread: Which unit?

Which unit?

Hey guys. I have 2 a98 units on my boat. I have the chance to trade one of the A98’s for an E127.
    What would you guys do? Keep the two A units? Or go for the bigger 12?
    The only downfall I can see with the 12” is have to hook up the Cp100 module to be able to use my current transducer up front. i already have the side scan cp200 hooked to the A98’s. The E is capable of reading off that as well, correct?
    Any other downfalls ?

2. Member
    Are you going to use the E127 at the console or bow?

I have an E125 on a ram mount that I use for side vision. I really like the 12" unit for side and I like the hybrid touch of the e-series.

Are you considering the trade mainly for the 12" screen or are you wanting the digital sonar sounder too?

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Do you have a CP100 module on hand, or would you have to buy one?

4. Member
    I am not really sure what the digital sounder really is?
    Yes- I do have the CP100 module with it as well. I currently have both of my 9's hooked up and the 12 is connected through the A98. But when I decide to sell one (or the other), I will need to decide if installing the CP100 is worthwhile? Or if it is better to keep the A98's as they are.

As far as the placement... During the winter- I will probably have it up front (video game fishing). But I will put it in the back in the summer for a full view of side scan as well. (Also have the CP200).

I guess the plus would be the ability to connect a 600W to the 12" as a shoot thru.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I would keep thee 12 and run the CP100 with it.