Thread: Curious

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Curious

If what I read on another thread is true it looks like it's going to be hard to get a SHO in 2018. Will anybody be willing to rig their Bullet with a Suzuki 250ss? If someone has this setup could you post some performance numbers?

2. Member
    I’d call Breaux & Daigle in Pierre Part before I’d listen to anyone on bbc about motor availability.

yall act like a sho is the only motor that goes on a bullet- how many besides WPC3 actually have one I wonder? and like you said i'd be listening to a dealer not a bbc lounge post full of

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    yall act like a sho is the only motor that goes on a bullet- how many besides WPC3 actually have one I wonder? and like you said i'd be listening to a dealer not a bbc lounge post full of
    I know of 5 bullets here in south Louisiana with SHO’s besides mine. Three 20’ and two 21’10” and I run a 21’10”. Out of the 6 of us none believe there is any motor other than a SHO. Personally you couldn’t give me a different motor, I’d keep my SHO with 400 hours on it over a brand new 2-stroke.
    Last edited by WPC3; 01-14-2018 at 12:29 PM.

5. Member
    Mark Peiser (Bassinracer) used to have an awesome 21xrd with a 250 Suzuki. He could tell you how it ran for sure, but I believe it was no slouch. Seemed like it had a low geared LU and took a tall prop.

6. Member
    I’d go with a pro xs before Suzuki...

Not being a downer or a critic, but I’ll keep my 300xs.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Not being a downer or a critic, but I’ll keep my 300xs.

If if you don't want it I'll take it.��
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

9. Member
    I think the biggest problem with the Suzuki is the lower unit proping it's the problem
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    If if you don't want it I'll take it.��
    Ol buddy, I bet you will! lol!

11. Member
    The only motor I’d put on my boat beside a SHO would be a G2. I’d really have to think about it to.

Once you get used to not having to mix oil, you will never go back.

the only reason I would consider the G2 is because of the 10 year warranty .

would never consider a 300xs because of tournament regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post

would never consider a 300xs because of tournament regulations.
    Only in the pros. I’ve never been stopped on any level that I fish. Plus, I’m a speed freak.

13. Member
    Only in the pros. I’ve never been stopped on any level that I fish. Plus, I’m a speed freak.
    Theres always that what if, with me.

i like outrunning all them boys who think there 250 horse tournament ready rigs are fast. Because you know as well as I do when you out run them with 300 horse motor they go well he has a 300 horse motor. So my thinking is when you outrun them with a 250 it’s more of a apples to apples compersion. So then they have no excuses lol

There’s always “what ifs” and I understand where you’re coming from. I haven’t heard anything that would insinuate on the lower tourney levels for such a decision or why they would want to enforce such a thing, but you never know, I guess. I use my boat for plenty of personal fishing and my own “rush”. Plus, I’m always at the head of the pack and get where I want to fish first. I can see blowing away 250’s with a 250 and that’s pretty cool. I just do it a little faster. I always wanted a 300. I’m not the fastest out there, but I can hold my own and stay up with all the fast boys. It’s a preference. I don’t have the desire to become a pro anymore at this stage in my life. It’s all about having fun and doing what I love!

15. Member
    I did a lot of research on an outboard before pulling the trigger from my 21xrs. Was on scream and fly talking to a lot of guys. Almost all of them said to go with the Merc Opti 300xs. You need a performance racing engine for a high performance bass boat like the bullet.

Not stirring the pot here guys....just letting you know what I was told....haha

On a side note I've had no issues with my opti. Starts up every time and gets crazy good gas mileage. Couldn't believe how quite she is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I did a lot of research on an outboard before pulling the trigger from my 21xrs. Was on scream and fly talking to a lot of guys. Almost all of them said to go with the Merc Opti 300xs. You need a performance racing engine for a high performance bass boat like the bullet.

Not stirring the pot here guys....just letting you know what I was told....haha

On a side note I've had no issues with my opti. Starts up every time and gets crazy good gas mileage. Couldn't believe how quite she is as well.
    I did a lot of research also and I agree. Mine has been flawless and more quiet than my old 200. Power plus gets great gas mileage. All those advantages and has capabilities of a 100+........Oh heck yeah!

17. Member
    300xs is great motor to have no doubt!! On a bullet. How is the hole shot on a 300xs setup for 90+ running

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    300xs is great motor to have no doubt!! On a bullet. How is the hole shot on a 300xs setup for 90+ running
    With two guys (450-500#), tourney load and a 4 battery TM, I still get out of the hole quick. On plane in a couple seconds and flyin and that’s with an old style Bravo1 28p.

19. Member
    With two guys (450-500#), tourney load and a 4 battery TM, I still get out of the hole quick. On plane in a couple seconds and flyin and that’s with an old style Bravo1 28p.
    Whats your top speed with that setup and load?Just qurious.

94.7 so far. The water I run is usually busy with big boat traffic, so not always the perfect conditions for those kind of speeds. I just have to hit it right. She’s still strong when I let off. I can get a few more out of her for sure. Plan on testing the top end this yr on that prop. I’ve fabbed a holeshot plate this winter and a buddy of mine is painting it as we speak. Anxious to see how that helps me. I’m going to see what absolute max is on a full and empty load. Then I’m going play with a 32p prop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast