Thread: Curious

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    My cousin bought the 21xrd with the 250 Suzuki a few years ago. It ran very well , around 80 loaded two 250 pound men and bass pro shop on board and a talon. It would turn the 30 and 31 pitch Suzuki props to the limiter any day every day . Bought a 32 prom ax for it same thing. The boat just didn’t want go any faster , would becomes very loose and odd feeling steering wise and blow out every time right before it was really getting free. We figured it was just at the limit lower unit wise. Sold it and put a brand new 300xs on it. Have continued to fight same issues around 85 with the sport master. After running it hundreds of times between both of us determined something is up with the sea star steering. Just recently put completely new uflex system on this winter. Will now after this weekend if cured. By the way third 21 300xs he’s owned.

2. Member
    On the subject of 21s with 300xs , between mine and the 5 other ones in our bass club. There’s not a single one in the summer fully loaded two people water in live well , cooler full of ice that will run over 88 . I think some people’s fishing loads greatly differ from others. I will tell you that mine will run around 94.5 with just me no water in live well full fishing load with 28 promax on the limiter. Will do It in the every time in the winter. But add a 2nd person and some live well water and some heat ! Not going to happen!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Unless my gps is wrong
    It is possible, just super impressive. My 300XS dies as soon as i touch 6200rpm (soft limiter).

I'm thinking your bravo been worked and don't turn like a 28 no more. My 28 Performer BC4 runs stiffer then my 30 Performer ET4 does.

Here is a vid of my rig running a 28P. It will run to 92mph/6200rpm HARD, then fall right on its face. At the end of vid at 93.7mph i'm turning 6375rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post

I'm thinking your bravo been worked and don't turn like a 28 no more. My 28 Performer BC4 runs stiffer then my 30 Performer ET4 does.

Now that’s very possible about my prop. Cause another 28 bravo I had didn’t run anything like this one. The first owner never mentioned anything about having work done to it, could have slipped his mind during the sell. Thanks for the vid!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123